cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI using BPEL 2.0 - Is it coming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a vendor who can convert BAPI and other SAP functions/Code into Enterprise Web Services 2.0. This can be translated into SAP's ESB (Enterprise Services Bus), and subsequently stored in the coming ESR (Enterprise Services Repository).

The capabilities of this tool also does BPMN (BPM Notation), which can generate BPEL 2.0 code. My goal is to utilize this BPEL 2.0 in XI. I understand XI does not run/utilize BPEL 2.0. It runs on BPEL 1.1 specifications.

My question is when will XI support STANDARD BPEL 2.0 code?

I understand that SAP is pursuing BPEL4PEOPLE and other specifications, but wish to have the BPEL 2.0 STANDARDS capability in XI to consume this generated code from the other tool.

Please advise if this is possible in the near future.

Thanks,

Dale.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dale,

still isunder approval of OASIS committee once it done it should be out in end of 2007.

The new 2.0 version of the Web Services Business Process Execution Language will reach the status Committee Specification soon, and so will qualify for the approval as an OASIS standard. The question whether it will be as broadly embraced as its predecessor BPEL4WS version 1.1 remains to be answered. The 2.0 version introduces a number of new features, includes a number of improvements and addresses some shortcomings in version 1.1. These are probably good reasons to decide in favor of version 2.0. In the latest blog in the series of podcasts on WS-BPEL (see here) a number of changes in WS-BPEL 2.0 compared to BPEL4WS 1.1 have been discussed. In this blog I would like to discuss a particular one, the <forEach> activity, in more detail.

chek the follwoing blogs

/people/ivana.trickovic/blog/2006/12/29/something-to-look-forward-to-in-ws-bpel-20

/people/alan.rickayzen/blog/2006/12/15/bpel-in-a-nutshell

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WS-BPEL provides a model for business processes based on Web services and is considered as one of the key building blocks of SOA. Currently, the language is under an OASIS standardization process

see the below link

/people/ivana.trickovic/blog/2006/12/12/ws-bpel-20-from-oasis--how-it-has-progressed-since-bpel-11

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wsbpel

Regards

Chilla..

<i>Points if it is useful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Please review this article. It discusses the features.

http://webservices.sys-con.com/read/291050.htm

I was hoping Swen Conrad or somebody from SAP would also respond, to help inform us if XI is going to have this capabilities.

Please review this article on Intalio, and their capabilities. I can now use their tool to translate all SAP BAPI's and code into Web Services, populate the ESB/ESR, and then generate BPEL 2.0 code that their tool does, and ideally port it to XI to use as workflow. XI, I know uses ccBPM, but then translates into workflow.

Here is the Intalio announcement. This functionality, which I have seen, and will be playing around with shortly in my own environment, works really well.

http://www.intalio.com/news/intaliobpms-for-sap/

Let me know if anyone knows when SAP will jump on the BPEL 2.0 capabilities, since they have so many enhanced features in the specification.

The article noted above identifies many new features, and the specifications provided, as noted by one of the users above.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Dale.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I dont know the answer to this question, but you sure can contact Swen as I think he would be more than willing to provide the answer.

You might also consider commenting on this blog and asking him for the same as he always does make it a point to reply to comments on his blogs,

/people/swen.conrad/blog/2006/12/22/xi-ccbpm-performance-under-perform-or-out-perform

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

About the BPEL spec, it’s actually finalized and there has been no more editing for a while and there will be no more. It has already been approved by the Committee. This will be officially closed in a few days. It’s just the normal procedure at Oasis. But the spec cannot in practice evolve anymore and it’s already approved by the Committee. Here’s an extract from the Oasis group:

WS-BPEL 2.0 Spec submitted for standardization

The OASIS OASIS Web Services Business Process Execution Language (WS-BPEL) Technical Committee has submitted the following specification set, which is an approved Committee Specification, to be considered as an OASIS Standard:

Web Services Business Process Execution Language Version 2.0

OASIS members will have until 15 March to familiarize themselves with the submission and provide input to their organization's voting representative.

On 16 March, a Call For Vote will be issued to all Voting Representatives of OASIS member organizations. They will have until the last day of March, inclusive, to cast their ballots on whether this Committee Specification should be approved as an OASIS Standard or not.

Hopefully SAP can answer the XI BPEL 2.0 question. Thanks everyone.