cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save document in FTP server through SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All DMS Experts,

I am very new in SAP DMS, but I was read many blogs and information which was available everywhere. I want to save document into FTP server (in AIX 6.1) through SAP DMS (CV01n). I have configured below setting into IMG.

STEP1:

Cross-Application Components --> Document Management --> General Data --> Maintain Global Settings

TICK --> DVA active

Insert --> DVA user (FTP user I D)

Insert --> Password (FTP user ID password)

STEP2:

Cross-Application Components --> Document Management --> General Data --> Define Data Carrier

Define data carrier type "vault"

Data carr. Type: VT (Disable Mode)

1. Insert --> Description: Vault
  2. TICK --> Online
  3. TICK --> Vault (Disable Mode)

Define vault

Data carr. Name: Vault (Disable Mode)

Data Carr. Type  VT

1. Insert --> Description: Vault
  2. Insert --> Vault path : <Blank field>
  3. Insert --> DVAcomputer: XX.XX.XX.XX (FTP server IP Address)

STEP3:

Cross-Application Components --> Document Management --> General Data --> Define Number Ranges for Vaults

Number range maintained

After described setting, I am creating document through CV01n with attachment, document number generated.  While checking FTP folder not file save at that path as well as I am unable to open attached file into CV03n

Please guide me

Regards,

Alpesh Pandya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

is there any error message raised when you try to check in the file in the archive? If there is an error raised please check the entries in transaction SLG1 for your user afterwards again.

This additional details might help to get a better inside view why the checkin fails.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks for providing your views to solve my issue.

I have checked into SLG1 but not found any entries.

One more thing I would like into informed you that, while testing I have observed that if we open document with display mode than system was given error message "FTP subcommand: Local error" with message number: 04207. But if we will open document with change mode than document was opened, I assume that due to change mode document was stored into local system and system was allowed with open document.

System having problem while open document when document was store into Vault (FTP Server)

Also I am going to check FTP server, where I am not able to find any documents. Please guide me how I will store document into FTP server and display it. Also guide me how I will ensure that document store into FTP server or not.

Thanks in Advance

Best regard,

Alpesh Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to Check in/Out the DMS documents to FTP Server? How you did it?

Regards,,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DMS experts,

Please help me.

Regards,

Alpesh Pandya