SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICA Posting error

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am able to post a FICA document at CA level even if the configuration is maintained to post only at Contract level (division 01).

The input screen of FPE1 has following input fields CoCd, BP, CA, Contract, Division, Main Tran, Sub Tran, Net Due Date, Amount & Text . The error is occurring differently in the Development & Production  clients

Development Client :  Contract is automatically derived on strike of enter key once division is entered along with BP & CA. Even if its removed manually it appears in the entry if posted.

Production Client : It gives a warning message (EK 354) that Contract is not getting derived on strike of enter key if division is entered along with BP & CA. But its allowing us to post the entry at CA level.

If division is not entered manually it is behaving as expected.

Currently we have removed the division field from input screen but appreciate if anyone can comment why I was facing such error if the configuration is maintained to post at contract level.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satyajeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

First check how many contracts are there assigned against the CA in your development and production system.

The issue that you are facing happens only when SAP is not able to find any contracts assigned against the CA in EVER table (ISU_FILL_CHECK_FKKOP_FROM_EVER) and the system is not able to uniquely determine which contract against which the postings is to be made.

Go to EVER table in your Prod System and check if any contract is maintained against the contract account.

In your development client, SAP finds a unique match and automatically derives it in the FPE1 screen.

Moreover, in your Prod. Client, you are able to post an entry at the CA level because you have maintained a division-independent entry against the combination of Cocd\AD ID\Main Tr\Sub Tr in transaction EK02.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

try creating the account determination id and main sub transactions without division ,  [fqc0 ek01 ek02 ] i hope this may help.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

First check how many contracts are there assigned against the CA in your development and production system.

The issue that you are facing happens only when SAP is not able to find any contracts assigned against the CA in EVER table (ISU_FILL_CHECK_FKKOP_FROM_EVER) and the system is not able to uniquely determine which contract against which the postings is to be made.

Go to EVER table in your Prod System and check if any contract is maintained against the contract account.

In your development client, SAP finds a unique match and automatically derives it in the FPE1 screen.

Moreover, in your Prod. Client, you are able to post an entry at the CA level because you have maintained a division-independent entry against the combination of Cocd\AD ID\Main Tr\Sub Tr in transaction EK02.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Currently there is only 1 contract assigned to a CA.

As I said the configuration is maintained to post only at contract level but the system is allowing us to post it at CA level if we provide the division which can be provided from the entry screen. There is no division independent entry maintained in EK01 & EK02.

Still I am able to post the entry at CA level by just giving division. Otherwise it gives an error.

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

This is getting generated from event 1102, where in FM ISU_FILL_CHECK_FKKOP_FROM_EVER is plugged in.

As per SAP note 1236046, standard SAP only issues a warning message if you only enter a division and not the contract. So it will stop you from posting the document.

Check the same piece of code in your development server. I think there should be something different.

I think its a bug and you can raise it with SAP.

Alternatively, you can make a custom FM for the ISU_FILL_CHECK_FKKOP_FROM_EVER and add the extra validation and plug that in event 1102.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan