SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a New Calendar for a specific program of Study

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

When we implemented SAP 7 years ago, we went with one calendar attached to the top org unit.

We are now implementing a new College of Medicine with a new program of study that needs a separate calendar.

What I did was create a new calendar using PIQCAM which created a B 510 relationship to the main calendar automatically.  (not sure if this is relevant)

I then removed the flag for TOPCAONLY in the IMG so it wouldn't always use the top calendar.

Next I added a B 510 relationship from the new calendar to the medical program of study that I want to apply this to.

So I am still using top calendar for everything else but the new program of study for the medical school.

I'm not sure if I need to make additional changes.

So far in my testing, things look pretty good.

One concern I have is that the top calendar has 3 semesters and the new one has 2 semesters.

I added 100 & 200 dates to the new calendar for the fall and spring semesters.

When I go to create and admission record for the new program of study it works great for the fall and spring semesters and puts the correct dates in.

However, it does show an option in the drop down for a summer semester that I do not want to show for this program of study.

Any thoughts on how to correct this and if you think I am not thinking of anything else I should set up?

Thank you.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

It is getting the Sessions from session grouping defined in IMG step SLCM->Process->Admission,reg and Dereg->Basic settings->define session variants.

Create a new session variant and assign it to SC program data(1730). it should take care of it.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

It is getting the Sessions from session grouping defined in IMG step SLCM->Process->Admission,reg and Dereg->Basic settings->define session variants.

Create a new session variant and assign it to SC program data(1730). it should take care of it.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, PK...that did the trick for getting rid of summer for my new calendar.