cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP-PI-File scenario: synchronous file pickup possible without BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings:

I have the following questions based on this forum discussion in the past with the update of using BPM for PI 7.31:

SOAP-PI-File scenario: synchronous file pickup possible without ccBPM?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1289331

1) Is it possible to do SOAP-PI-File scenario: synchronous file pickup possible without BPM? And not the WIKI method mentioned there which is not recommended.

2) Has anyone been able to successfully use BPM (PI 7.31) via NWDS to return a file and attach it to return to the SOAP response envelope?

I've tried this and the issue is that the FTP's Sender CC is only for polling and the Receiver CC is only for writing files out. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>1) Is it possible to do SOAP-PI-File scenario: synchronous file pickup possible without BPM? And not the WIKI method mentioned there which is not recommended.

File adapter is basically async nature. You cannot do without bpm. If you dont want bpm, why don't you create two async scenarios soap to file and file to soap.   Just a thought.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar, thanks for the attempted answer, however I don't see how "two async scenarios soap to file and file to soap" would be achieved if the second response can't be correlated to the first SOAP request. Nice thought.

I just found this blog: Differences between ccBPM(Integration Process) and NW BPM

Furthermore, in regards to my a second question, I found that "NW BPM does not support message attachments" whereas ccBPM does at the bottom of the comparison list.  In other words, we were able to use ccBPM to pass an attachment from asynch file to SOAP response, however, now in NW BPM we are not able to do that.

Can anyone at SAP or in the community confirm this? 

Thanks.

Differences between ccBPM(Integration Process) and NW BPM