cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6.0 Ehp6 patching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Could you suggest what I need to patch the following system (SAP ECC6.0 Ehp6). As I understood, I need to patch the kernel first (the latest version is 7.40 as far as I can see), but the question is what to download? There are a couple of releases, ie "database specific" and "database independent", what would you recommend? (our system is installed on Win.Server 2008 x64 R2, DB: SQL Server 2008R2). Then, SPAM/SAINT, so - the latest release as well. Is SAPCAR really needed to upgrade? What version is available?

After this is done, I can patch system components, ie abap and basis, correct?

The latest releases are: SAPKB74002 SAP_BASIS 740: SP 0002 and SAPKA74002 SAP_ABA 740: SP 0002. But the question here is next - are these releases "cumulative"? ie include all the fixes for the previous releases, or I need to patch the components consequentially (ie one after another, beginning from the first release 0001) ???

And finally, third question - what functional components are required to patch (ie FI/CO, HR etc.), is the patch is critical for them (along with the patching of kernel and other system components)? As there are lots of archives for the functional components, could you suggest what archives I need to download (the names).

What else do I need to update the system? Am I miss something?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check the http://scn.sap.com/thread/3375535 for the information and close this thread.