cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get "reject user" to work in UAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.  We're setting up our UAR and would like for a manager to be able to reject a user (e.g. "works for another manager"), so that the request can be regenerated after problem is corrected.   In testing, when I  hit the "Reject User" then "submit" the request shows as being approved.   Log fusses about "end of path reached".   I'm not sure if I need to create an additional path for this or what.  Currently we're only using a very basic UAR_REVIEWER Has anyone seen any documentation about steps and MSMP config needed to make this work?   Or have any screen shots to share?? 

Appreciate any suggestions!

HB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Heraleen,

The next step after a Request with "Rejected Users" is submitted (Approved) is to mark the "Rejected users" for "Generation" and then regenerate new UAR request for rejected users. These requests in turn could be routed to the appropriate Manager.

Proceed as below -

1. Access Management --> Compliance Certification Reviews --> Manage Rejection

Select the rejected users for which New request has to be generated (I don't have data in the system, attaching the screenshot for reference).

2. Schedule "Generate new request for UAR rejected request" job from Access Management --> Scheduling --> Background Scheduler --> Create --> Select the appropriate job.

Based on configuration whether ADMIN review is allowed or not, after new Manger information is updated on regenerated requests execute "Update Workflow for UAR request" (same path as above) to dispatch the requests to New Manager.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the useful info.   You are correct.  The "approved" text was throwing me off.   After I rejected the request, it did indeed show up in the "Manage Rejection" screen.   After I fixed LDAP entry and ran the "Generate new request" job I did get a new request with correct manager.

One observation -- after I corrected our LDAP I also had to run the LDAP sync to get the right manager.   Makes sense, but a little different from CUP request which seems to find new manager info right away without running the sync.

Thanks again for the good advice!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

How can we disable the Reject User option from Reviewer workflow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few questions on UAR

1.How the workflow recognizes who is ADMIN? is it the security lead option?

2.I am unable to reject any request in admin review step

3.What is the exact purpose of Manage Rejections?Generate requests?

4.What is BG name in backend for Generate new request for UAR rejected request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Haraleen,

just would like to give you quick points you need to check.

1. Once the approver hits the "reject user" button in his inbox  check if its appearing the  in the "manage rejections" . NOTE: Unless you provide a "rejection reason" ( Pre defined inSPRO) request cannot be rejected. If the rejected request is not appearing in the "Manage rejections" window that means it is not rejected.

Here is the screen shot for that.

2. Change the manager/approver as per the rejection reason.

3. Generate a new request for the rejected request shown above. It will take the same path as original request. but may go to a different manager as per your correctio.

4. You need to schedule job "“Generates new request for UAR rejected request “ after submitting the generate request. Unless the job is scheduled new request will not be generated.

Hope this helps. Keep posted once your issue is resolved

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heraleen,

This is the expected behavior. If you press the submit button, The status of the request will be approved.

If you want to change the status of the request to rejected then you will have to use the reject button for the other action option .i.e Other action -> Reject.

Rejecting the line item has no impact on the request status. If you check the audit logs it will clearly indicate that the user line was rejected and then the request was submitted and pressing the submit button has changed the status of the request to approved.

I hope this will help.

Thanks & Regards

Japneet singh