cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP connection issue from PI to target folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am dealing with a scenario that PI sending message to a FTP server. but failed with below log error:

14.06.2013 16:47:22ErrorFile processing failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Unexpected reply codeService is unavailable.
14.06.2013 16:47:22ErrorMP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Unexpected reply codeService is unavailable.
14.06.2013 16:47:22ErrorAdapter Framework caught exception: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Unexpected reply codeService is unavailable.
14.06.2013 16:47:22ErrorDelivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Unexpected reply codeService is unavailable..
14.06.2013 16:47:22InformationThe message status was set to WAIT.
14.06.2013 16:47:22InformationThe asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Fri Jun 14 16:52:22 GMT 2013.

I have tried using FTP tool(CoreFTP) to connect to this target FTP server and succeeded, but why PI get this issue?

Could anyone suggest the reason of this and how to resolve it?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of your valuable input!

Actually it is because -- I set the FTP server with SSL but PI doesn;t installed the related SSL certificate.

After  changing the FTPS to FTP, and remove SSL in PI channel, it succeeded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hailong,

Did you install the related SLL certificate only in the TrustedCA tab of Visual Admin?

At.,

Bernardo Braga

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hailong,

You might know but it is worth mentioning here...

In order for SAP PI to deal with an folder / drive using FTP adapter, an important pre-requisite is to enable FTP service on required folder / drive. What i mean is lets say you are dealing with /tmp drive on XX.XX.XX.XX IP....then it is necessary that FTP service is running on this IP..

At the face issue seems to be that FTP service is not running on the drive / folder you are trying to deal with. You can confirm this with team maintaining your target location.  In case this is a Windows location, they have to configure FTP with standard means.

Can you please check this and and come back,,

Thanks..

regards,

Omkar.

0 Kudos

Hi Hailong Ji,

Did u check whether the User is having read and write access.

and try to check with WinSCP, it may help you.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Hailong,

I have tried using FTP tool(CoreFTP) to connect to this target FTP server and succeeded, but why PI get this issue?

If that works fine, then try stop and restart the FTP comm channel.

Regards,

Pranaya