cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel POD in VLPOD after Invoice creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am wondering if someone can assist me with the below requirement.

When the Ship to party used in Order's are  POD relevant we cannot Invoice the customer until VLPOD is completed.In the current process POD's are sent Via by FF's  or the movers hence business cannot wait to receive POD's and later create Invoice.

As a resolution we technical managed(BADI) to get the VLPOD confirmed on doing Goods issue in the delivery by which customers are now able to create invoices successfully. We proposed the date as 31/12/999 and time 24:00 and changed the status to confirmed so that business can identify at the report level which deliveries are pending to receive the actual POD date.

I can manually open delivery in VLPOD and then cancel the POD and update the dates and save the document.(Manual process as a workaround)

Problem Area:

After all this development we now understand that the PODS send by FF's are taken in to a Excel and later mass uploaded into the documents in the current process.In order to allow the same process keep going I am on the journey to find a way on how I can cancel the POD in VLPOD after the Invoice is created. I do not find any scope to get this done.Request all your help and advise.

My query is to identify an enhancement to trigger from Invoice to VLPOD and cancel POD and then delete dates.

Apart from all this if there any way to Invoice the customer without completing VLPOD and having Ship to party as POD relevant.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use FM

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This was my approach towards the solution perspective.

Create SO

Create OBD

Pick / pack

Shipment (or no shipment)

PGI (dummy dates in PODAT / POITM)

VF01

Dummy dates cleared in VLPOD (PODAT / POITM fields left blank)

EDI  updates PODAT / POITM with real dates & time

BADI Used: LE_SHP_ITEM_STATUS and LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC.Apart from this we have a custom BADI implemented

Thanks,

Jeff

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for sharing the solution but did you try to change the copying routine which I had told you? Don't you think with this process you are doing unnecessasry data entry?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

It is not that in all the cases we have Invoice before POD. We want the normal STD scenario to keep working and in special cases have the functionality implemented. Since we have lots of 3rd party warehouse and the POD plays a vital role.

The functionality we implemented is to be used by non shipment managed plants.We have TVARVC setup to pick plant and S.Org combination.

I am still thinking if I should relook and implement the copy of routine 003.Please advise

Thanks,

Jeff

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jefferson

Thanks for sharing your process and concerns but still I want you to explore and test the copy of routine and see if it works for you. If the error message is converted into warning message then you can get rid of unnecessasry data entry. You can do POD before or after invoice if this error message converted to warning.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Thanks a ton for your valuable suggestions. I would like to ask you more on the solution you have proposed.As a whole I can see lots of Order types and Item categories involved. Should I then implement copy of 003 with changes to all the combinations in copy control.

Moreover the current copy control from Delivery to billing is custom one XXX Delivery -related item which is a copy of 004. This is to fulfill various other requirements.Do you think I can incorporate my requirement within the existing Custom routine. Not sure If I will mess up with the existing setup.Please advise.

Thanks,

Jeff

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all YES you have to assign new routine to each and every combination in your copy control.

Second if there is already customzed routine assigned in all combination then you dont need to change this assignment. It will be also easy to add this requirement in customized routine because your ABAPER won't need an access key for that.

What I want to suggest you is just test this in your DEV server and if you and your business is satisfied then transport this in QAS and PRD and if they are not then leave it. Testing in DEV will be a good learning for you and for me as well

I am waiting for access key and my BASIS guy has asked me to wait for a couple of weeks because there is some licensing issue with out system. Once I check this I'll also update here.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam/Siva,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. We managed to identify an userexit by which we got the POD dates and time cleared up and the status reverted to 'A' on invoice creation. I am also looking at your suggestions to see if this can be an alternative solution.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone please through some light on this issue. Any suggestion would be of great help.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you create invoice before doing POD. In standard system this is not possible but you can achieve this by making a copy of routine 003 in VOFM and disable the code in which VLPOD status is being checked. If you are not good in ABAP coding take help from your ABAPER and make a copy of routine and assign this in copy control from delivery to billing document header data.

I am also going to do this and with this we will create invoice before POD.

Thank$

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can follow the suggestion by Mr.Moazzam.

you can either Comment(inactive) the POD coding or make copy of the routine 003 and comment the coding as shown in the screen shot.