cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 Adobe Lifecycle Designer 10.4, 9.8, 9.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I've recently installed new SAP GUI 7.30 (build 1337608, version 7300.1.0.1074) and now I have problem with menu bar in AdobeForms transaction SFP. The problem is that the is NO menu at all.

I've tried to install different versions of Adobe Livecycle designer - 9.0, 9.8, 10.4, all downloaded from SAP Marketplace, but for every version this problem was occuring.

I've also adjusted my registry as it is described in note 1001103, also without any results.

Does any of You faced the same problem as I have now? Do You have any solution for that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

I've finally have my fauvorite menu in SFP transaction

I've created a ticket to OSS, and one of service guys connected to my workstation and solved this issue. The problem was the note 1001103, which I implemented with SAP GUI 7.20 and Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.0. It worked before, but after upgrading SAP GUI to 7.30 menu disapeared and upgrading Designer didn't helped.

So the solution was to reverse the note 1001103, to be precise, changing this registry key value from "0" to "1".

Probably when You install newest GUI and LiveCycle Designer na "fresh" system, You will not come accross this problem, beacuse You didn't implement note 1001103

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Have you configured ADS in your portal properly?  You can use SAP Note 944221 - Troubleshooting if problems occur in forms processing for validation.

Other notes to check:

SAP Note 1790706 - SFP form builder performance
It takes several minutes for the form context or the form layout to be displayed

SAP Note 1882715 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer Issues
Some menu items are grayed out when Designer is embedded in SAP GUI

SAP Note 1881077 - Contents of ABAP Editor are not updated in Form Builder

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank to everyone that tried to help. Unfortunately none of those operations make my menu visible in Adobe Livecycle Designer, I’ve tried with 9.0, 9.8 and 10.4.

I can just assume that the cause of this problem is the newest SAP GUI 730 (I’ve also installed recent patch 5 few days ago). When I used 720 there was no problems at all.

Probably I just need to wait for SAP to get rid of this problem with upcoming patches to SAP GUI.

Regards,

Marek

she_eter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

I just installed the SAP GUI 730 patch 5 this morning. This afternoon I downloaded the Adobe Livecycle Designer from the marketplace and my install was fine.

I just started using the new ALDesigner.

Maybe you can try to uninstall everything and reinstall it again.

Anyways, good luck!

Kind regards,

L.2theode

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please test with patch 5 of 7.30 GUI.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Under C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\setup: or  C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup, can you search  for files, sap*wkstaui.xml, that have ProductVersion is set to 2147483647?

If you have this situation, SAP helped me resolve it with the following.

Delete the files sapaldwkstaui.xml and sapnwbc40wkstaui.xml.  Search for files, sap*wkstaui.xml, that have ProductVersion is set to 2147483647. Change the value of this xml attribute to ProductVersion="1"  On my test PC I could only find SapBiWkstaUI.xml.  If the attribute ProductVersion has a different value than 2147483647 you can leave it alone.

As a rule. If you find a sap*wkstaui.xml (lower case) without an according Sap*Wksta.xml, please delete this sap*wkstaui.xml.  If there is a Sap*Wksta.xml without an according Sap*WkstaUI.xml, this is ok.

Extract the two files from SAP Note 1658830 called SapALDSetup.xml and SapALDShared.xml. Unpack the files to the 'Setup' directory of the LiveCycle Designer 9.8 installation. The existing files should be overwritten. When the file, sapaldwkstaui.xml, is deleted SAPSetup will think that ALD is not installed which requires running NwSapSetup.exe.

The erroneous state with ProductVersion="2147483647" only occurs on the hosts installation/update with SAPSetup 9.0.24.0. Other hosts are not affected.

If ALD is installed on such a host, you can set all ProductVersion="2147483647" to ProductVersion="1" and call NwSapSetup /update. This will update all installed products on the host, that are available on the installation source, to the version of the installation source (either an installer or an installation server).

Note: The ALD9.8 media on this DVD has already had the two files updated from SAP Note 1658830.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Merek,

Implement SAP Note 1668054.

This is a problem in SAP Gui.

Regards,

Diego

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Uninstall completely and Install with the latest pathes for both SAP GUI and ALD.

Reinstalling and applying the latest patches worked for me before with 9.0 version.

Look at this thread for additional information

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2139770

Thanks

Thirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've tried to reinstall everything and it's not working. So maybe someone else also had similar problem?

Regards,

Marek