SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Read Overflow handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am faced with a very strange issue. The meter register has has max reading of 99999. (5 digit) It is a billable meter. Register = Cumulative

The initial meter read for eg. is 50698 and this months meter reading is 10902 , but the meter has overflowed 3 times as mentioned by the generator consumption value sent. The consumption value sent for the month by the generator is 260201 (50698 -> 99999 + 99999+ 99999 + 10902).

In my knowledge, in ISU, a maximum of one single overflow can be consistently processed in automatic billing.

Is there any place where this can be set or the actual consumption be found after 3 overflows/rollover.

I am thinking of interim billing 3 times with fictitious values to calculate the 3 overflows/rollover.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, if you are missing the readings between these two values which show the multiple overflow, there is no way to determine how many overflows there are.

So the fictitious readings is what I would do to model the consumption. 

better yet, get a 6 digit device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure it is an overflow issue and not a multiplier or bad data in the file (additional digit for the read which caused sap to show a ridiculous consumption) issue? Also what was the interval between the reads? That is important so as to figure out what the best solution to your problem will be.