cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error when sending logon data !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In solution manager 7.1 SP8, I have upgraded kernel to 720 Extended (402) UC . After this I am getting following error in most of transactions like SU01, solman_workcenter etc. :-

Category               Internal Kernel Error

Runtime Errors         CALL_FUNCTION_CONNECT_ERROR

Application Component  BC-MID-RFC

Date and Time          14.06.2013 12:57:29

Short text

RFC error when sending logon data.

What happened?

Error in the SAP kernel.

The current ABAP "CL_RPM_FES_BUFFER_MANAGEMENT==CP" program had to be terminated because the

ABAP processor detected an internal system error.

Though I have tried to restore the backed-up kernel , but still the issue persists. Now my solution manager is in 402 kernel level only.

Please suggest how to to sort out this issue.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the 7.21 kernel?

Also was SolMan functioning on the previous kernel with SP08?  and by functioning I mean, you rebooted the system while on SP08 and the previous kernel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Yes it was working earlier with old kernel, but now I try to revert to old backed-up kernel also, it is giving me same error. And ofcourse, I tried after restarting the SAP instance.

Secondly, I didn't try 7.21, but will it be suitable for my current scenario and would it help me ?

Regards,

Nilutpal

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know that the previous kernel worked with SP08.

In your MMC or management console for SolMan (aka the GUI that controls stopping & starting the SID) can you right click on the SID > Version Info and from there you can verify all of the patch levels for the various exes/dlls/other related important files to start your stack(s).

For myself switching over to 7.21 was beneficial because it cleared some outstanding items with my EWA for SolMan.

The most common issue I have with upgrading/updating kernels is that the sapstartsrv file doesn't update due to the service being in use; rebooting the entire system or restarting the services typically fix this and they update to the desired patch level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Billy,

Sorry for updating this message lately. My problem got solved after deleting wrong entries (RED marked) from SECSTORE T-Code.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Nilutpal after deleting entry from SECSTORE my issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Nitin Joshi

Answers (0)