cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon 730 Connection Properties on Favorites

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with the latest patch (4) on SAP Logon 730.

Before, when I left click on a favorite link (in  Favorites node on the left tree), click "Properties" and then on "Connection Properties", I could see the properties of "Shortcut" created on the "Shortcuts" node of tree, with all data. Now the Window that appears is completely blank.

I attached a screenshot of a "Test connection" with the blank window.

Is it a problem of Patch 4?? I remeber that on Patch 3 it did not happen.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I tried a fresh installation on a fresh virtual machine.

Installed SAP Logon 730 and verified on each patch (from 0 to 6).

Same problem, but I found that:

• If I create a new connection and drag it directly into favorites folder(skipping the shortcut creation), I can see the "Connection Properties..." of connection filled in.

• If I create a new connection, drag it into shortcut folder and from shortcut folder drag it into favorites folder, I see a blank field in "Connection Properties..." window  instead of the shortcut properties window.

Ho can I report this problem to SAP?

I don't found a section in SAP Support Portal to report a problem related to SAP Logon.

Thank you

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Deniele,

Open a support message in BC-FES-GUI

Regards,

Jude

0 Kudos

Hi, with patch 5 and 6 there is the same problem.

When you have a favorite link and right click on it->Properties, then click on Connection properties, a blank window came out instead of the properties of SAP Shortcut. Anybody have the same problem?

In attach1 the problem, in attach 2 what i would like to see.

Attach1

Attach2

Thanks

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't have this problem with patch 6.

Can you try a repair of y our saplogon.ini file following note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/99435

Kind regards,

Jude

0 Kudos

I tried on another computers and I found the same situation.

Have you tried to create a new sap connection (es TEST with appl. server 127.0.0.1), drag it into shortcuts folder and from shortcut folder drag it into favorites folder?

Here, right click on favorite and choose properties. Now from popup, choose Connection properties...

Do you see the situation of attach 1 or the attach 2?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, I can see that now.

I'll try to test with an earlier gui patch such as 2 or 3

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

This is definitely not normal. Did you run a SAP GUI installation check to see if the GUI is installed correctly ? Does the background goes back to normal after you close the window ?

Kind regards,

Eric Van De Catsije

SCN NW Clients Moderator

0 Kudos

Yes, the installation in correct. However, my problem is not the white background (I put it to hide my desktop), but the problem is the Window on Top (System Entry Properties).

As you can see, all fields are blank. In Patch 3 it appeared with SAP Shortcut Properties window.