Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard web dynpro component for application log

gauri_hurria
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any standard web dynpro component available which can be reused to display the application log(SLG1) functionality of SAP GUI ? I do not want to call transaction SLG1 in my WDA. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gauri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gauri,

your question is most probably not current anymore, but anyway I want to share my current finding with the rest of the community:

As part of the BOPF re-usables (a framework included in the Business Suite foundation), there is an encapsulation of the Application Log (Business Object /BOFU/BAL_APPLICATION_LOG).

Based upon this technical wrapper, there is a floorplan-manager-based application for very simple display of application logs.

Simply try whether you find ICF-node /sap/bc/webdynpro/bofu/bal_application_log on your SAP-System. Activate and test it.

For my requirements, this application is sufficient - and if not, I will use the brilliant FPM extensibility to enhance it.

Hope this post might help other developers - at least it supports my own memory

Cheers,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this Oliver, it was helpful for me!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wouter_peeters
Participant
0 Kudos

There are no reusable standard WebDynpro specific components to view Application Log.

You'll have to program the SLG1 logging yourself in the WebDynpro, you can pass these to the WebDynpro Message manager to display them offcourse ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hurria,

I am not sure whether std component is available or not.

You can check FMs to create application log.

http://abap4.tripod.com/Using_Application_Logging.html

Cheers,

Kris.