cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF01 - Document is incomplete so billing cannot be carried out

Former Member

Hi

I'm having an outbound delivery (LF type) and everything is completed including Shipment, Packing list and Goods issue. All the documents from sales order to Shipment are completed without anything in "incompletion log". But when I call VF01 to issue customer invoice, I'm getting this error -

Error Log

0080123456 000000 Document is incomplete so billing cannot be carried out

Technical data

Tech. data details

Client                                 900

Group Number

Sales Document Number                  0080123456

Item Number of the SD Document         000000

Schedule Line Number                   0069

Counter in Control Tables              00

Message Identification                 VF

System Message Number                  069

Output Type                            E

Message Variable 01

Message Variable 02

Message Variable 03

Message Variable 04

Group Type                             F

Can anyone please help? Thanks

yu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the incompleteness check result

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check which routine you have used in delivery to billing copy control at header level. Is is standard routine or customized? If standard then check it's coding if there is something added with DEVK name. If everything is completed then it seems like some customization has been done in copy control routine.

Thank$

Answers (18)

Answers (18)

martin_adam3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We had the same problem in VF01. We noticed that table VBUV contained a row for the Sales order with incompletion details - table VBKD and field BSTKD in our case. The strange thing is that this does not show up when checking the incompletion log from VA02, and the incompletion procedure on the VBUV row was "MK" which we couldn't find anywhere.
Anyway, we added text into the BSTKD field (Purch. Order. No.) in VA02, saved it, and then we were able to create the invoice in VF01.
So my advice in this case is to check the contents of VBUV, "correct" whatever data is listed there and run VF01 again.

0 Kudos

I had the same problem, only return the movement delivery document transaction VL09, and, delete delivery, then check the order.and see incomplete log data, I see had one field mandatory is not mainteined and then create delivery and invoice  VL02N, POST, VF01 , the error  end . in VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zh Y,

I think you have check your delivery type and assigned in-complication log procedure against your delivery type. Also check "Define reasons for blocking in shipping" configuration because of if your delivery type against assigned any DB so system will not allow to create billing document.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check whether u have done outbound delivery properly or not.

the document flow showing two delivery's but total qty u have delivered or not pls check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please can you advise anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Kasy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I met a same message number when I made billing about return SO.

Sales Order had empty item that means zero quantity.

Ofcourse Incompletion checking of SO was clear.

Anyway I delete empty item and made billing successfully.

I guess there are something wrong did not detect by incompletion checking.

I'm not sure my case is helpful for you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chang,

Were the line items with quantity zero, in the Return order? (or in the original sales order?)

How was the Return order created (with reference or without any reference)?

In the order (which had line items with zero quantity), was there no incompletion procedure (at line item level) to check if quantity = greater than zero?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm late.

Retrun order was created with reference billing document.

As you know billing item had zeroquantity at batch split.

There was no error checking on incompletion check about zero quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if you have POD concepts implemented.In this case if your ship to party is relevant for POD then you will not be able to Invoice until VLPOD is completed

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

Have you checked foreign trade data at header /item levels?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If it's a delivery related billing then please check out the Copy Control Requirements in VTFL as i believe there must be some custom Routine which has been assigned. One more thing, you might have set warning indicator for the fields that appear in order entry screen during sales order processing and system is bypassing them so check up with the same and revert with your findings. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Dear Yu,

Can you check your copy controls in VTFL and let us know what routine you have maintained at the Header level and Item level to suggest you with appropriate solution.

I Guess something is wrong in the copy control it self.

Regards,

SAQ MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Please check if your Ship to Party is POD relevent. In that case you might not be able to create Invoice unless VLPOD is completed.

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

zh,

Could you create a proforma invoice (delivery related proforma), in VF01, give billing type - proforma, give delivery number and check.

If proforma is getting created then probably you would have to check the copying requirement (routine) in copy control (VTFL).

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

check your sales order pricing condition, may some mandatory condition value, pricing group value is missing, which is link with FI GL.

may be this option not checking by incompletion log.

also copy check copy control by VTLA Sales Order to Delivery Order and VTFL Delivery Order to Billing Order.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Enayet

I'm checking the copy rules in VTLA and VTFL. But it's just standard OR->LF and LF->F2. By the way, it's the first time I see this strange issue. So I would doubt if it's a customizing problem.

yu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

zh,

Please read the post by arun prasad

http://scn.sap.com/thread/586615

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a screen dump of the document flow. All the documents are checked...

yu

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz check you have any POD process

Also check whether you have done PGI for the first Delivery document

i think as per the screen shot there are to delivery documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

The error long text does show "Schedule Line Number                   0069"

yu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No we are not using POD and PGI is posted successfully

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe you have multiple line items in your SO, where one line Item is causing this problem, I suggest you try to create a separate SO for the line item and try process it till invoicing, also take help of an abaper to find out the cause of the system behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yu,

Is it order related billing or delivery related billing. Check in sales order schedule line line number 0069.

System is displaying sales order number so, check the incompletion log of sales order.

If sales order is incomplete how u processed the delivery?

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himavanth, that's exactly what I cannot understand as there is no line 0069. There is only one line in the sales order and only one schedule line as well. All the documents are checked to be COMPLETED - I mean, when I click on incompletion log, I get message "Document is complete"

yu

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

069 is Message Number not the Line Item Number.

you need to Recheck all the Documents in the Document Flow.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your Sales order may be it is Incomplete.

you can check for Incompletion Log.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the documents are checked to be COMPLETED - I mean, when I click on incompletion log, I get message "Document is complete"

yu