cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to post all condition values to a single gl ac as a single line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 4 conditions zpr1, zpr2, zpr3, zpr4 with  the same acount key erl going to the same gl ac. This is posting as four different line items,  But my client wants the total of all condition values to post as a single item in to Gl ac. Please do suggest.

Regards

yezdevan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion it sounds to a question related with FI summarizing. Please, see SAP Note 36353 - AC interface: Summarizing FI documents and revert if it's useful.

Check also SAP Note 310837 - Simulation for document summarization in FI for an analysis step.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

yezdevan vasudevan

I will add only below point  in solution given by other experts.

Before making any such changes in Account Key, please check with your BI team that how they are fetching data from sales document pricing details for reporting purposes.

This is very important as in some case they need more detail  and any changes in condtion type  should also be addressed from BI point of view.

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

Thank you for your post!

In my opinion, the teams to consult (or the drivers) would be the client, the SAP FI team.

The BI team would "follow" (or do the necessary changes for the new setup).

Would you agree?

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right TW. When we are implementing new solution FI and SD team has to take lead and BI team needs to create accordingly logic to fetch data  .

But when we are making such changes in existing system, then we should also think from reporting part and consider BI perspective.

Otherwise Report which are as importatnt as Finance data will have wrong information. In this case we are removing account key from  exsiting condtion types which may have  impact on existing report.

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

Thank you for your post!

For discussion sake, if for report(s), the values of condition types ZPR1 to ZPR4 are picked from billing document, line item level (table KONV); then even if the above change is done (condition types made statistical), there would be no change in the report (output).

But if the values are picked from the accounting document (of these condition types), then certain changes in the picking / extract logic has to be incorporated.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes... Perfectly

Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the way can be, where you can place a new condition type under these 4 condition type with desired account key, to pas summation of all to account via that condition type.

Say,

StepsCondition TypeFromToCondition ValueAccount Key
10zpr1100
20zpr2200
30zpr3250
40zpr4350
50ZPRT1049100%ERL

Thanks, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

If ZPR1 to ZPR4 are not marked as statistical (in the pricing procedure), then if the value of each of these condition types do not find G/L accounts there would be Accounting Errors and creation of Accounting document would not be possible!

If you make ZPR1 to ZPR4 as statistical, and ZPRT non-statistical then it might satisfy the requirement.

But I do not know if business would like to mark ZPR1 to ZPR4 as statistical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your suggestion will give me ac determination error as no ac keys are assigned to the above conditions.

yezdevan

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
yezdevan
As rightly pointed out by TW and thing I missed out in my post was "statistical" indicator. Assign statistical indicator and try.
StepCond TypeFromToCondition ValueStatisticalReqtAccount Key
10zpr1100x
20zpr2200x
30zpr3250x
40zpr4350x
50ZPRT1049100%2 - Item with pricingERL
I hope that helped you.
Thanks, JP