cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single macro transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helpers,

Could you one guide me how to transport a single macro from D-Q-P.

I have a macro which is newly created in D and want to transport a single macro instead of transporting the whole PB.

I have read some of the posters here but not given any clear picture what are the exact steps to be followed?

Can any one please guide what are the necessary steps which i need to follow to transport a single macro to Quality.

Please help me.. so that i can avoid creating no of macro in no of PB/DVs in each environment.

Thanks for you help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth,

You cannot transport one single macro across systems, but you can transport the entire macro book (without transporting Planning Book)

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sumanth,

You can export macros alone to other systems if you have RFC connection between the systems. The only deviation from your requirement is that all the macros in the planning book will be copied, not just one in the bunch. I am sure that the planning books will not be transferred. Please note that there are no transports involved in this.

MacroWorkbench has an option to do that. I have done this & have seen it working good.

Follow the steps given below,

1. Goto Macro work bench /n/sapapo/advm

2. From the Menu bar select Tools --> Export Macros

3. In the pop up give the RFC connection of the destination system  & select the data view you want to copy the macros to other system

4. Click Adopt & the system copies all the macros from the work book instantly without transports & planning books.

In case you figure out a way to copy/transfer/trasnport just one macro in a bunch without the need of transporting the planning books, do post in the forum.

Regards,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help with the export Vasu,

In that case, you can just declare one PB as transport PB and transfer one single macro there using the copy and paste function in /n/sapapo/advm.

Then export this PB with one single macro, and retransfer into other PBs using copy and paste again in Production environment.

Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

This is for your update that Macros needs to be transported via the transcation code "/SAPAPO/TSOBJ".

Whereas if your requirement is something, wherein you don't want to disturb existing pattern of macros in the Quality and the Production Environment.(which is unlike your D environment.

Create New Planning Book, Data View and Create required respective single macro in the macro work bench.

Transport the macro via "/SAPAPO/TSOBJ"

In the respective environment, import the your single macro to the PBs.

NOTE: Later you can delete the created new planning book, DV and create single macro and update it to Q-Production Environment-And keep things as is.

Hopefully, your requirement will be addressed.

Let me know, if you have any points.

Thanks

Sai Dacha

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, macros need to be transported together with planning book in transaction /sapapo/tsobj. You cannot just transport single macros.

former_member492024
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

I checked this scenario with FCS experts as well (I have expertise in SNP).

You can not transport only a macro between systems.

The reason is that macro is planning book dependent, and since it exists to calculate Key Figures,

it need to be connected with the Planning Book with the Key Figures that it is assigned.

You will need to transport the Planning Book as well, or create manually the macro in another Planning Book on other systems.

Regards,

Michel Bohn