cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order item description coming from Customer Material Info-Record (CMIR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue in my client’s ECC PRD system in the VA01/VA02 transaction.

It seems that the Sales Order Line Item Material Description is picking up the CMIR description instead of the Material Description.

The client claims that it was displaying the Material Master Description before the SP22 ERP patches were applied few days ago.

They are maintaining CMIR and the description for all materials as they use it in their invoice print-out Smartforms, etc.

They don’t want to do away with maintaining the CMIR description as they need it.

And FYI, in VOV8, the 'Read Info-Record'  ia also marked 'X' for the Order Type.

One more observation: The scenario is working as expected in their ECC DEV system, but we still could not identify the difference in the configuration in both the systems.

From other blogs & posts, I realize that if we maintain CMIR description, then it will have higher priority over the Material Master Description.

Despite understanding that it is standard behaviour, the client still wants the Material Master Description in the Sales Orders, since they claim that it was working earlier and is still working correctly in their DEV system.

Request your expertise to help me crack this issue.

And also, if you guys could apprise me of this has happened because of the patches or otherwise.

Awaiting your fastest responses 🙂

Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

As per your requirement, i am maintaining Customer info record for this with VD51. You can maintain customer's material description with your material description. As per my understanding you can fulfill your requirement with this standard behavior.

I am giving you a link, Hope this will be little bit helpful for you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/dd/55f94d545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with any issues because of the patches but I typically don't use the customer description field in the CMIR. Have you checked OSS?

You say that the system is working correctly in Dev. I have a few questions about that. 1) was the SP applied to DEV? 2) Are the CMIR's setup the same way (i.e. they also have Descriptions populated). I know these sound basic but just want to double check.

As you are aware the default for SAP is to use the Customer material description in the sales order if it is populated. This could be overwritten by a user exit, so i would look to see if there is anything that is modifying the results via code. I would look in program MV45AFZZ form USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP and see if there is anything that is changing the description.

If that doesn't work i would do some "Where Used" searches on KNMT-POSTX field using SE11. This might point you to a Z or Y program other than the user exit i mentioned above that could be the culprit

Best of luck