cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some software components are not cover by product instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We already upgrade SAP Solution Manager 7.0 to new version 7.1.

We executed all configuration steps, including LMDB migration and SLD configuration.

Our problem is the following:

We want to upgrade our SAP Portal for version 7.0 EHP1 to 7.3.

The definition in SAP Solution Manager is Application Server Java (EHP1 for SAP Netweaver 7.0). In LMDB if we execute checking the following error appears:

• Assign product instance SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1 - Solution Manager JAVA Stack
  • Some software components are not cover by product instance

We don't understand why we should include this component in a SAP Portal definition?

If we include this component, the checking process is ok, but in MOPZ the following error appears: Targeted Instance Solution Manager JAVA Stack is incompatible with NW 7.3!

This error makes us sense.

On the other hand, our SLD is up to date.

We really appreciated any help that you can give us in order to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Verification toll for the system on LMDB, maybe the product system definition is wring, i found that same problem; check that ABAP stack and JAVA stack is assigned on product system.

share an screenshot of your product systm, and verification tool result.

check that link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31457

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your help. What do you mean with ABAP anda Java Stack should be assigned?

I have one java system with java components assigned, and in related system isection is the relationship with the abap system (ERP).

I Attached 2 screenshots.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Esteban, for a Solution Manager System you need to add 2 product version: "SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.2" and "SAP EHPx FOR NETWEAVER 7.0", you can find that on product system overview:

Then, on technical system you will see something like that:

My screenshot is for solman 7.1, but i think that it's  similar to 701, the cause is that you need to add Netweaver and solution manager product instance.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the help. I want to add a Portal System 7.0 EHP1, not a Solman system. For that reason, I don't urdenstand why I should add a Solman component. Should I?

Kind regards

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Esteban, on your Verification tool screenshot there is a message that you need to ad solution manager java stack; if verification tool told this maybe is due that you have some error on system definition, check software components son SLD, and the same on LMDB for the same SID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Esteban,

Where you able to get a solution, i am too stuck in same issue.

i could get stack.xml file with some workaround

1. un-assigning Product System <Portal Product System> from SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1

2. mark them uninstalled

3. delete the software component SOLMANDIAG 7.01 from installed software component.

Then you will be able to generate stack.xml

but the question is what will happen during the upgrade ??? will it leave LM-Service 7.01 SPnn as-it-is or do we have to uninstall LM_Service before the upgrade.

Warm Regards

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Esteban,

Solution is to remove (undeploy) LM-SERVICE from Portal because LM-SERVICE is part of Solman and not EP. and follow the process i mentioned above.

Warm Regards

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban, did you ever get a solution to this issue: "

• Assign product instance SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1 - Solution Manager JAVA Stack"

I am facing the same issue also. I did try to add what is suggested by the Verification Check. But the calculation subsequently fails.

I doesn't make sense to me either that this Product Instance is required.

I believe that the ST-PI and ST/A-PI components in the Managed System triggers this for some strange reason.

I can't see that we have LM-SERVICE installed in any previously associated Java Systems either.

Regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith Krishna,

With reference the LM-SERVICE (SOLMANDIAG 7.0) component issue in NW 7.0 Portal system.

I am also facing the same issue while upgrading from NW 7.0  to NW 7.4.

During Execution Phase i am stuck with issue LM-SERVICE (SOLMANDIAG 7.0) software component is not calculated the dependencies during the stack file generation.

Based on your recommendations, i am trying to delete the LM-SERVICE (SOLMANDIAG 7.0) from my Portal 7.0 system so that i can remove the same in MOPZ during xml file generation.

But in Portal system using SDM,  when i tried un-deploying the sca/sda files, its show number of dependencies should undeploy along with LMSERVICE, i think that is not the way we should undeploy.

can you please share In your case how did you undeployed LMSERVICE.

I have attached the screen shot of SDM undeploy

Thanks -

shafir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyes,

We got same issue, and resolved with below following steps.

Excute LMDB-->Select Edit-->Select Maintain

Then Select Check box and Click on Execute Verification Check (Synchronous)

then You can find green here.

Regards,

G V Rao

S0000587367
Explorer
0 Kudos

G V Rao, I support Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 and the path you mentioned below: Excute LMDB-->Select Edit-->Select Maintain Then Select Check box and Click on Execute Verification Check (Synchronous) then You can find green here. Is not anywhere in LMDB. Could you be more specific with the path?. I am trying to correct the warning below: The following installed software components are currently not covered by product instances: SAP WEB UIF 747 MDG FOUNDATION 747 Thanks Jose

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please post the software component information present in SMSY/LMDB for the portal system you want to upgrade.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño