cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a gateway service using RFC  using SEGW, and there are two date filds in the ouput.  when I execute the Gateway service, I am getting error message

' Value    Invalid format (return table): Row Number 1,  Property Name 'Erdat',  Property Value '0.0000000 ' ..

i have same service using SE80 and it is working fine.   is the any note I am missing or any other problem? any idea?

I debugged in the backend system and their data is in the output table having the data with correct format.

I had an issue while creating a service with date field and I applied 1803227 which include 1763390, 1780498, 1794431 and it resolved the automatting mapping issue/type issue  with date field

Message was edited by: Thomaskutty Mathew  ***** issue fixed****** user error

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arun_krishna567
Explorer
0 Kudos

I to had the same issue, I have find why it is showing error with date field.

Your could have assigned predefined data-element to the date field while creating table of that entity type, please check your data-element contain 'Conversion routine', due to the conversion routine error is coming. Assign data type as 'DATS' instead of assigning data-element or find the data-element without conversion routine.

Regards,

Arun Krishna

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is the data type for the date in the RFC and in the Gateway class ?

sreenivas_pachva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

I am getting the same error while working with date fields in gateway services. Could you please share the solution If you already got that one.

Thanks

----------------

Sreenivas Pachva

sreenivas_pachva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

I got the solution my self..At properties level for date fields nullable  checkbox should be checked..and also in ABAP type editor column we can maintain the date data type instead of getting by default internal type.

I hope the above information will be enough to come out from date field issue in Gateway service.

Sreenivas Pachva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas,

I am facing the same error, can you pl elaborate and tell me specifically, where check box need to be maintained and required changes has to be made.

Thanks

A J

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Ol u need to do is make the date fields nullable as shown in the below picture. Highlighted in green is the check box which u need to check it.

Even after that u have issues only then change data type in ABAP Type Editor as shown above.

U need not to always change the ABAP type in the ABAP Editor to DATE data type in-order to over ride the EDM type related to DATE fields.

When u import Date/Time fields in SEGW, GW itself will take care of assigning appropriate EDM data types for Time/Date fields.

Only if u have problem only then u need to change the data type in ABAP type Editor.

Regards,

Ashwin

arun_krishna567
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I have made the changes has u shown above, but the issue with the date is not resolving for me.

It's showing the error

Property 'GBDAT' must not define add. ABAP type mapping

Regards,

Arun Krishna