cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure Single sign on for BPC 10 on NW7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm now having an requirement about confguring sso on BPC 10 on NW7.3.

The object is to access a report on enterprise Portal from BPC 10 without logon again.

I've already finished sso configuration on both Portal JAVA stack and Netweaver ABAP stack (where BPC 10 is located).

Now I can test if the sso is working from portal side by this:

i create an SAP transaction iview on Portal, when I click it, no more logon screen shows and I can see the transaction screen successfully.

But our requirement is the opposite, we want to visit Portal from BPC. We have already create a test link in BPC, but when I click it, it still pops up

a logon screen.

Does anyone has idea about how to configure SSO on BPC 10?

Thanks & Regards!

Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashwin,

I've already gone through that doc. It seems the opposite of our reqirement. We want to visit portal from BPC web client. That document tells you how to visit EPM add-in from portal.

Thanks!

Bin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys!

the problem is solved by using FQDN instead of using IP address to visit the BPC web client as well as the link of portal in BPC configuration.

BTW, how to close this thread or mark it as solved?

Bin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Junze,

When you say link from BPC to Portal, did you mean a link from BPC Web or a url link from EPM Excel workbook?

I don't think your url link from Excel workbook will create a SSO Logon ticket but the link from Web should definitely work.

-S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S,

Our BPC consultant create an link in the BPC web client(http://hostname:8001/sap/bpc/web), not the EPM excel add in.

Thanks!

Bin

brahmareddy_kolli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

its possible.But only with trusted systems.We have to configure our BPC URL in portal and from there Business users have to access the BPC system.

With  Regards

Brahmareddy kolli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junze,

I dont think this is possible. For having an SSO, the login ticket with the credentials needs to be passed from the source to the target, and BPC doesnt have this feature.

I would suggest you to contact your local SAP office for more information on this.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

There is an document describing SSO between portal and BPC EPM add-in.

I've attached part of it as follows:

"The underlying architecture of SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation 10, version for SAP

NetWeaver (herein referred to as BPC or BPC 10) has changed from its previous releases.  Specifically, the .NET server which previously supported Web operations has been replaced with the SAP ABAP Web Application Server (WAS). Due to this new architectural component, BPC now supports SAP Logon tickets which allow users to authenticate to one SAP system and seamlessly logon to another trusted SAP system without having to reenter their credentials.

That's why i keep on trying...

Bin