cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No material item found for the specified criteria Message no. HUGENERAL042

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error: No material item found for the specified criteria.  Message no. HUGENERAL042

Basic Type DELVRY03

Message Type SHPCON

Requirement:

1. Batch determination (batch number is provided in IDOC)

2. Pick

3. Pack

4. PGI

Here are the segments I currently have:

E1EDL20

E1EDL18 PGI

E1EDT13 006

E1EDL24

E1EDL37

E1EDL44 1

However, I am getting the following error:

No material item found for the specified criteria

Message no. HUGENERAL042

Can someone please help me understand what is causing this error and how to resolve it?

If someone knows all the segments and fields which are required to accomplish the batch determination, pick, pack, and PGI that would be extremely helpful.

Let me know if you need any additional details.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

srabanjit
Explorer
0 Kudos

For posting PGI against OBD, additional qualifier required E1EDL18 = PIC - this will instruct SAP for perform picking. The same approach is consistent for S4HANA 2020 as well :). We are currently using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Were you able to get this issue resolved ? Pls share your idea how to overcome this issue. I am using the idoc type DELVRY03 to post the Goods receipt against Inbound delivery but getting this error,

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to get past this error. There are a variety of possible reasons which can cause this and other errors when trying to PGI/PGR using the IDOC.

Please review the POSNR value and quantities in E1EDL24 and E1EDL44 segments.

You wrote you are trying to go a PGR. Are you trying to post a Return to complete the PGR?

If so, there is no need for E1EDL37 and E1EDl44 segments since they are for packing and HUs.

If you can include photos of all your segments, I can review the data and hopefully can tell you what is wrong.

Thanks.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced so many times my past days .When I am going to pack the material in VL01N level then if you dont main settings in POP1 and POF1  then you will get that message.

Note:pack materiel should be in sales area of main material as well as maintain settings under basic data at tab of packaging martial data in MM02 .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Our scenario is like, we have an Inbound delivery which we are sending to LSP (Logistic service provider) and LSP in return will post the goods receipt against the Inbound delivery through Idoc.

In most of the cases, we wont be having Batch assigned to Inbound delivery but when LSP will send the Idoc it will contain Batch number.

For this we tried to use the qualifer CHG, PIC, PGI in segment E1EDL18. But when we post the idoc it fails becuase the FM doesnt find the Batch number in Inbound delivery. But our requirement is to insert the batch number through the Idoc.

After assigning the batch we also need to Pack the HU and post the Goods receipt. Ours is an HU managed Storage Location.

Below are my segements screen shots.

Idoc Type : DELVRY03

Message Type : SHPCON

E1EDL18

E1EDL24

E1EDL37

E1EDL44

• when we do this steps manually via VL32n it works fine and we are able to post the Goods receipt. But not through Idoc.
  • Another test is that, when we have a Batch already in inbound delivery this idoc works fine and able to post the Goods receipt.

Any suggestions in this regard are welcome.

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using batch splits? If yes, the E1EDL24-HIPOS value is incorrect.

It should begin with a 9 (ex: 900001) or if the batch was assigned at the line item level then 000010.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

It may be due to exclusion or said material not extended to Sales Area-Plant.

You can check in WE02 for message number 56. Also check in VB03 t-Code and confirm.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether any of the following notes helps you

• Note 653444 - HUGENERAL042 for packing accumulated batches in WHSCON
  • Note 1651356 - HUPAST - HUGENERAL042 issued as status message
  • Note 1817054 - No material is sent to ERP in handling unit item

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be because of Material might have not extended to particular sales area or Plant

double click  on the Idoc message in WE02, there you will get some help

regards,

santosh