cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluator address out of range error while executing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 12000 lines single case statement which updates one filed in my table. I have created procedure to do this HANA. But If I execute this procedure I am getting "Evaluator address out of range error".

How to overcome this.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kai-christoph_mueller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

did you consider to use 'decision tables' http://www.saphana.com/docs/DOC-3132

http://www.saphana.com/docs/DOC-3132

\kc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I had a similar issue when I tried to prepare a decision table that consisted of about only 1000rows. The reason is that behind each decision table a procedure with CASE statement is generated.

Anyone has an idea how to make it working?

Error mesage:

"Cannot get the data provider outline.

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error:  [2048] column store error: search table error:  [6853] exception 6853:

AttributeEngine/InternalTable.cpp:6578

Evaluator address out of range; $function$=createExpressionColumnEx; $message$=unable to create expressioncolumn box"

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Might I suggest that a 12000 line case statement probably isn't a good design decision in any programming environment.  Why not put those 12000 conditions as records in a table and perform your evaluation via SQL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomos,

It's a customer segmentation case statement generated by third party tool. I want to update the the segment number field based on this statement.

I tried using decision table, but in my scenario for few conditions i don't have values for some fields, so i can not use decision tables.

Can you please suggest how to proceed with this.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In decision tables you can use "*" as "any value".

Best regards,

Leszek