cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects 4.0 SP6 Version management error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently installed Business Objects 4.0 SP6 and everything seems to be running fine except Promotion management and Version management. When I log onto the CMC and go to Promotion management the following error shows up:

Sorry, Promotion management application is unable to process your request.: Please check you have sufficient rights to perform this operations.

All the servers are up and running and when I go to the CMC / Applications / Version Management settings / Test VMS / I get a successful response.

Any ideas why this feature is not working or how I need to configure?

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I finally resolved the issue with SAP Technical support. The issue came down to security and access. Although I was a local admin on the server my access was still limited so I had to get the appropriate Administrator level access to install the application correctly.

Outcome: Make sure you have administrator level rights (same as whomever installed the OS) in order to do the install correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

Did you happen to re-install the PM & VM applications only or you had to re-install the complete BI4.0 Platform again with the renewed Administrator level access?

I am faced with the exact same issue, though I am not sure what access am I missing in here.

Please let me know.

Thanks & Rgds,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree, I had to re-install the entire application with the renewed Administrator level access. At this current company there are various levels of administrator access, which I was not aware of. Essentially to do the correct install you need to have the same access rights as the Admin that installed the operating system.

Anthony

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I have run the setup program as administrator when installing BOE.I checked the folder LCM and promotion job,The CUID is right.

BOE version :BI 4 sp7,OS:windows server 2008

When I log in CMC as administrator, the error is still exist.

Sorry, Promotion management application is unable to process your request.: Please check you have sufficient rights to perform this operations.

If you have resolved the problem,Please let me know the detail.Thanks.

Regards

Ivan

0 Kudos

HI All,

Any body got the solution for this...

In my case promotion management tool was working fine till last day and suddenly it throws the error "Sorry, Promotion management application is unable to process your request, failed to get the dependencies".

Using administrator account.

Regards,

LKumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got the same problem. However the SP 6 installation was conducted with the same administrator level rights. I tried to install the SP6 again by using as well the right mouse click --> run as administrator, but still the same problem. Is there any onther cause for the problem?

thanks in advance, matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias, you need to see if there are different levels of administrator access. You need to have the same level of access as the system admin who installed the operating system. Anything lower will cause this issue to occur. And make sure to always perform the install with 'run as administrator'.

Anthony

pavan_anjimeti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Did u logged with 'administrator' account?

make sure LCM and Promotions folders are exist. 

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan, I'm logged in as administrator and under folders I can see LCM / Promotion jobs.

Anthony

pavan_anjimeti
Participant
bulent_ozgul
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a problem with version management too. After testing the connection in CMC ( CMC / Applications / Version Management settings / Test VMS /) i get "the hostname is incorrect enter a valid hostname". I try it with localhost, local ip, server name but the result is same. Any ideas?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what settings have you provided in version management settings ?

what version management system are you using ? (Clearcase, subversion from BOE, third party subversion)

where is that version management system is running (on the same box as BOE or separate)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denis, I'm running subversion on the same box as BOE. All the servers seem to be up and running and I don't see any configuration issues.

Anthony

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you didn't answer all my questions

is subversion service runing ? (yu can't see it in CCM/CMC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denis, that's a good question. I don't see it in the CCM or CMC. Where to I find it and make sure it is running?

Anthony

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depending on OS, task manager or ps command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denis, I don't see subversion running in task manager. So what are the next steps to start it and test it?

Anthony

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to manualy start it in services, or go thru install logs to see if there were any issues with its install.

Or maybe , you havent' selected to install it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denis, correction I did find subversion running as a service - SVNSubversion. So that is good. So now that I can see it running, is this a file location issue?

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it migth be an issue with setings in VMS settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I have the same issue but a bit different. My Promotion management is working correct, but my version management is also showing the same error message.

If you go to "applications>promotion management>LCM Override Settings" -> do you get an error message? (java null pointer exception - Error 500)

Best Regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benni, I've seen the error but it doesn't remain there. I don't believe this is causing me any problems.

Anthony