cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing values between two methods in the same view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone-

I am new to ABAP Webdynpro and this is my very first application that I am trying to develop.. So please bear with me if I am not making much sense.

I am trying to develop an application where a user can enter a purchase requisition number and hit a button. It will retrieve all the info from the purchase requisition. There are two more buttons below that table for Approving and rejecting.

I am using the BAPI's BAPI_REQUISITION_GETDETAIL and BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN for achieving this. I am so far successful in retrieving the details when I hit the "get requisition items" button and displaying them. But when I hit the Approve button, the requisition number is no longer available as the input field was only bound to the first BAPI. How can I pass this value to the second BAPI. I ran the application in debug mode and it is going to the code where the BAPI is being called but with no requisition number to pass to the BAPI.

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if I misunderstood your issue, but you must have a context attribute where you are storing the requisition number. And you must have an action for each button.
So you only need to read this context attribute within the method of the action, use the code wizard to do that in an esay way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gurunathkumar_dadamu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

what Ricardo Romero said is correct.maintain the requesition details in Context node level and then create an action for every button.in that action try to create the logic by using your BAPI's.

Regards,

Guru