Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Adapting Java system properties

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP PI Gurus,

We are having a Sync SOAP to RFC scenario.

Whenever the muser is sending message and the processing time gets more than 180 seconds, then the 500 internal server  issue is coming.

On checking in SDN , we found some recommended solution as follows :

In NWA, Go to->Operation Management->Systems-> Start & Stop -> Java Services -> (Under Related Tasks) Java System Properties.

Increase the value of the timeout parameter 'xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default' under Services -> 'XPI Adapter:XI'

to a higher value say '600000'.

In my attached screens hot i am stuck and not able to proceed ahead as i am not able to find

parameter 'xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default'  anywhere on the page .

Can someone help me ?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The parameter you mention is located in http://<server>:<port>/nwa/sys-config -> Services -> XPI Adapter: XI.

Regards

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

your information at least not complete. Increasing the timeout for synchronous scenarios is much more complex because several appliations are involved: sender system, receiver system, PI adapter (in your case RFC and SOAP), PI integration engine (double stack) or AAE.

You should consider alternatives, because general timeout enhancements can reduce the system performance.

How to Investigate Timeouts In Synchronous XI PI Scenarios

/Udo

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You have to increase the timeout value for RFC adapter, by default it waits 3 minutes to get resoinse back from ECC after that it throws error.

Personally i dont recommend to increase this value, is you sender system can wait more then 3 minutes to get resoponse from PI?

Thank you,

Raj

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

How can you increase the time out value of the RFC Adapter !!

Can you please let me know !!

Thank you,

Ravi.