Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportaion charges from external provider

andriy_klymenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using external provider to calculate transportation charges. I've found an appropriate notes on help.sap.com regarding calculation method modeling in case of own calculation. It's mentioned about an implementation of the interface Calculation Methods Interface (/SCMTMS/IF_TC_CALC_METHODS).

I've implemented all three interface's methods but didn't reach the goal.

The issue is that interface method CALCULATE has one exporting parameter, but in fact, later in the standard code (after calling to my class which implements that interface) this parameter 'ET_AMOUNT' is not used and not indicated in the class parameters at all.

Who have an idea or experience of changing transportation charges from the outside? Maybe it's required to use BRF+ framework then what is the sequence of activating and reading of an objects?

vardan_goyal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andriy,

This post seems to be very old, but i have the same requirement where I need to extract fuel surcharges from external charge service provider(NOT SMC3 - some other 3rd party service provider) which has web service. Can you please help me to know how to achieve this and what all steps we need to follow in configuration and technical aspects also.

Thanks in Advance !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tarunkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andriy,

SAP TM101 means TM 8.1. In 8.1 we provide end-2-end integration with SMC3, you just need to maintain this calculation method in your TCCS and it will start working. I'm not sure if you are trying you use SMC3 or some other external service providers.

BRF+ wiil not help if you are trying to invoke a web service call for external charge calculation, but it gives a possibility to do complete charge calculation in BRF+ using formula & expressions.

Just implementing /SCMTMS/IF_TC_CALC_METHODS interface will not suffice, i can help you if you share more details of the web service etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarun Kumar

andriy_klymenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Tarun,

I'm not familiar with SMC3, I've seen it in customizing but this is not the question.

We use external calculation provided by DLL. So I make a call to that DLL and get a result on output.

So I have some charge value and, next, I need to put it somewhere in TM. I check a result in transaction /BOBF/CONF_UI when running CALC_TRANSPORTATION_CHARGES for TOR object. Then, look inside TCCS's items, and, here I would like to see (or I suppose I must see) that calculated result. I didn't find any appropriate enhancement but I was suggested a customizing where we're able to set up a customer class which implements /SCMTMS/IF_TC_CALC_METHODS. From that class I made a call to DLL and want to pass that value to TM.

Best regards,

Andriy

tarunkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andriy,

You don't have to worry about putting the response from DLL somewhere in TM. System will automatically store it under charges DO which is plugged to TOR BO, provided you are integrating your changes closely to standard charge calculation flow.

If DLL is giving you rates via a web service you have to generate proxy in TM to consume that web service. Since, i don't know much about your requirement i can't comment on your design but i would re-state that starting by implementing the mentioned interface is going to be very cumbersome.

Best way to start is to check the /SCMTMS/CL_TCC_GET_RATE_SMC3 class and follow the same flow by inhereting your class from /SCMTMS/CL_TCC_GET_RATE_EXT class, going by this way lot of things provided by SAP can be reused.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarun Kumar

andriy_klymenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Tarun,

First paragraph completely unclear to me. I wonder why I don't have to worry about putting a response from DLL. In all my postings I've interested in technical side of the process.

1. SAP delivers a particular way to calculate charges from outside. It is made by customizing table.

2. Ones can access external provider from within a customer class by indicating it in the customizing table.

3. SAP also offers an interface which should be implemented by customer class (It is indicated in a corresponding help section). First, I suppose that filling that class exporting structure would solve a task. I fill a corresponding tables and/or structures with new amount and currency and then, a standard logic updates it in a correct way. The issue is that standard logic doesn't care about exporting parameters at all. I got used to it .

4. The next step is to try to implement update logic by itself. In order to do that, I need some technical specification how to use TM classes or framework or a real example how to update amount value in the system.

Second paragraph - DLL is not giving me a rates via a web service. I make a direct call via OLE.

In any case, again, I have to update a database with recieved values.

Third paragraph. This is the only way to start because it works somehow. Unfortunatelly, we don't have account for that provider or whatever they need. So, we are unable to test this process.

Besides, that class has dozens of methods and much of hardcode. Of course, it could be debbuged but this is the last chance. By the way, I've tried debugging and I could update one of the amount fields value. But still have the task to cut necessary part of the code.

Best regards,

Andriy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andriy,

Your post is dated 2013 but I wanted to reach out and learn if you still needed assistance with making a web service call from SAP TM to get LTL transportation rates from SMC3's RateWareXL since your question is marked, "Not answered".  Please let me know if you need assistance.

Thank you.

Phil

andriy_klymenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Phil,

Thanks for your effort but integration was partially completed. Partially - because we have to integrate not with SMC3 but with a local provider who didn't have a corresponding web service but only a legacy technology - provided by DLL functions.

The second part and it relates to my original question in posting - is how to save calculated data to SAP system. I would say that Tarun's last response help me with a decision. First, I was confused with much of code in SMC3's implementation but later on, through debugging, I've realized that only several rows was effective for me. So, I've successfully inherited my class from /SCMTMS/CL_TCC_GET_RATE_EXT.

Best regards,

Andriy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andriy,

I do not know the answer to your question, but would suggest that you include which version of TM you are working with.  Charge Calculations changed dramatically from 8.0 to 9.0.

Regards, Mike

andriy_klymenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how it relates to 8.0 and 9.0 but it's stated as "SAP Transportation Management 101 SP-level 07"

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I recall correctly, you are working in 8.0, but are on one of the later SPs. 

Regards, Mike