cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe on Flat File - CMS on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of merging data from a flat file with the data from universe query, I have tried webi query on Text option using rich clinet, but this does not serve my requirement as I have to apply query filters on this flat file query and also use "Result from other Query" option to filter out results of universe query based on the values selected in flat file query prompt.

Above requirement has forced me to think of creating universe on top of flat file (Text or CSV or XLS), so that I can achieve this requirement. I have done universe on XLS on older version XI R2 using excel driver and DSN. Just wanted to confirm if I can create a universe on any of the mentioned flat files and is it properly supported if the BO CMS is deployed on Linux.

Thanks

Mallik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will this IDT -> Net connection -> Generic -> Text Files (BO Open Connectivity) help?

PS.  You will need to choose Remote for the Location type and choose either ftp, http, or samba as your CMS/WIReportServer is on Linux.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jinchong,

I was able to proceed with my test POC using this option, however had to change file format to CSV and deal with some other minor issues before getting through it completely.

Thanks

Mallik

Answers (0)