cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration repository/directory not opening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an issue with one of our PI servers (quality PI server 7.0).

I am unable to open up the Integration Directory or Repository. This was working last week.

I go into SXMB_IFR - click on Integration Directory, then a browser window pops up with the following, but the Java web start does not start:

Preparing Java(TM) Web Start Applications

This procedure may take a few minutes

Try later again Close...

I've tried the following:

Administration - Java Web start re-initialize and force signing for both ID and IR. Then I cleared my temporary Java files in the control panel.

Restarted the SAP box, waited 30 minutes, still same thing.

I tried this with the PRD server in the same browser, and this works, so the Java installation on my machine is working.

For some strange reason, the web start doesn't start via the ID / IR link.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

1 >Goto Adminstrator

2> selelct the Component you want either Directory or Repository.

3>Goto Java Webstart Adminstration

4> Restore Archives.

It will take sometime to get refresshed.

Also as Mark told Check  Java Version installed in your Machine.

Regards,

Shri

Former Member
0 Kudos

My version of java on the laptop is 1.7.0.21.

There is no option to Restore Archives in the administration. There is however: Re-initialization and Force-signing, which I've already tried. I don't get any errors, the Java just does not start.

What I find strange is that it worked previously and currently still works for the production environment from the same laptop and browser. In fact, for the other 7 PI systems I connect to, it works as well. Just this morning seems to have gremlins with this one server.

Something I did notice is when I click on Lost of resource or Initialization status I get a message stating: Currently not available.

Even if I click on the ID link and monitor the Java cache viewer, there is no items being populated.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Java 1.7 is not supported to open the PI 7.0 Repository/Directory (due to erratic behaviour like you are experiencing). You will need to install the Java 1.4 version. If you need to have both Java versions on your pc, see note 1614742 Using Java Web Start with different PI releases. You will need to "tell" Web Start which Java version to use when opening the 7.0 Repository/Directory.

Regards

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello once again, for some strange reason it started working again last night.

I think to avoid it in the future I'm going to download and install the v1.6 of Java.

Thank you all for the effort in assisting me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Any version below java 1.7 will be good . We are using 1.6 for PI 7.0 SP22.

Normally Re-initialization and force signing resolve the issue  with java webstart.

Thanks,

Dhanish

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

What java version are you using on your client pc? Check this link for some troubleshooting hints - Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues.

Regards

Mark