cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 2.3 and RSLinx tags browse

0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I installed the PCo 2.3  with the last patch. I'm using MII version 12.0.

I installed, on the same machine, the PCo 2.3 and the RSLinx version 2.57 con professional license.

IN Rslinx i configured a driver ETH, i setted the IPaddress of the PLC and then, I created a topic configuration. From RSLinx i'm able t see all tags available.

When i try to browse the taglist from an agent instace ( Subscription Items) i receive the error: "Browsing failed, check the connection and try again. [Error during browse request].

Any other experiences or ideas?

Thanks

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

On the Settings Tab for your OPC DA Source Agent, change the Browsing Mode DA 2.05A to Relative Path, and save.  On the Agent Instance that is referencing the OPC DA Source Agent, on the Tag Query Tab, change the Cache Mode to Cache.  Save your changes and restart the Agent Instance and you should be able to browse the Tags from PCo, as well as from MII using the TagList Mode of the TagQuery.

Note: It is highly recommended that you obtain or create a Symbol file for each OPC Topci defined in RSLinx so that you can browse tags by a tag name rather than a PLC Address, especially if you are browsing PLC-5 or SLC-5 family PLC addresses.  The documentation for the RSLinx Symbol files is in the RSLinx Help.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve, very good news.

The browsing works fine now.

Thank you so much Steve.

Andrea

Answers (0)