Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop sending SAP office mail to locked & expired user id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings-

Endusers use SAP office mail (Tcode SBWP) for internal communication and document approval etc. There is a user who is currently locked and having expired validity. Many other users continue to send SAP mail with attachment to that expired user as they were doing before.

Is there any mechanism that can restrict any SAP mail to reach out to expired user's workplace inbox. We never delete any user in production system.

Thanks,

Ashok

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is sap mail s_tcode SBWP and SO01 is assigned to a role and when one's profile which contains that role is expired by default all tcodes stop operating. the obvious message when such a user tries to access the transaction is you are not authorized. Try to verify the valid of the roles assigned on the display user screen under Logon data and Roles tab

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think his problem is opposite. He wants to stop users sending emails to expired users. So when you go to SBWP and you enter expired user then you should get an error message that the user is invalid.

I don't think that this is covered by standard functionality. There might be some user exits that could be used to validate entered recipients. I don't think that security forum is the best place to ask this question.

Cheers

0 Kudos

I agree. WF could at most give an exception back.

The WF developer must check that before calling the WF -> belongs in the WF forum.

Alternately you can also use "agents" in workflow. the ultimate agent for inbound processing is called WF-BATCH. If it has an SMTP address then you can have a lot of fun with it...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please help me in stop sending SAP office Mail to locked & expired user ID ?

I had gone through the scn threads but didn't get any solution for this.

Regards

Jinesh