cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling changeover times in non working times

Former Member
0 Kudos

PP/DS heuristics and or the PP/DS optimiser will not automatically place changeover times in non working times, however other smaller APS systems have such functionality. Has anyone come across this or have a method to use to get APO to do this? May be it should be a new development?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should remove setting "Break not allowed" in setup mode in PPM, it will place setup operation throught not-working time.

kind regards

Alla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alla,

Hope you are well.Thanks for the response. I understand what you mean but this is not the what i am looking for. The setting you suggest allows the set up duration to start before the non working time and end after it but not 'within' it.

I hope you are well. let me know what you are up to. My mail is Fred@virtegra.com

former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

in the strategy profile (/sapapo/cdpsc1) and in most of the sequence heuristic settings (/sapapo/cdpsc11) you will find a switch "Non-working times" which can be used to schedule activities into non working times.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Yes i am aware of this setting - this is the standard approach, however do you know of a way automatically (heuristic or optimiser) schedule the set up segment of an order into non working times whilst keeping the produce section in productive time? I know you can amend the strategy and use that in the heuristic but it will schedule all parts of the order in the non working time if it can.

Thanks

Fred