Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on below workflow requirement

1) Aprpovers will be adding in agreement approver collaborator manually up to 4 levels of approvers.
2) Workflow should be triggered sequencial order (step by step) to the approvers those are manually added in collobarator.

Note: In first stage workflow should be triggered and notification should be send only for the approver who are in first level in collaborator once it is approved by first level of apporver then workflow should be triggered and notification should send for second level of approver in collobarator once it is approved by the second level approver then workflow should triggered for the next level.

We have creaed the XPDL with four stages of approvers in prescripts we are adding the approvers to the addApprover() by iterating level by level and in post script we are changing the contract document phase based on the approval or rejection.

Document phase is changing as expected but we are facing few problems at sequencial workflow triggering and sending the notifications below are the problems we obsered during our testing.

a) Once the phase is changed to out for approval then workflow is triggering and notifications are sinding for all the users/groups in the collabarator at a time.
b) We have also tried with stopping the addApprover() function call in prescript (kept the prescript empty) but still the workflow is triggering and notifications are sending for all the users\groups in the collabarator automatically at a time.

1) Can anybody pls let me know is it  default functionality\behaviour of the workflow engnie for triggering the workflow and send the notifications for all the users\groups who are added in the collabarator?
2) If it is default functionality\behaviour of the workflow engnie pls let me know how to make it workflow triggering sequentially (step by step) for Multi Step approvals?

Regards,
Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

I have a Question Regarding the XPDL documents. How long does it take to do a XPDL document, I am in an implementation and the person generating the XPDL has experience in JAVA but he doesn't have much experience generating this kind of ducuments.

CLM 9.

Thank you for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

With what role are you adding collaborators to the document . Guess you are not adding with Approver role as its a standard role which would add approvers at a workflow phase even if you dont add it by pre script.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for your response.

We are adding the users with the approver role only in collaborator. Yes you are correct it is standard behaviour(we also came to know from oss note).

We are trying with extension collection option instead adding the users in collaborator.

Regards,

Ravindra