cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable SOAP debug function in PI 7.31 AEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have an issue with SOAP receiver adapter using HTTPS under PI 7.31 SP4 AEX. I have searched the community and checked the  SOAP adapter FAQ note 856597. In this note it is mentioned:

For SOAP adapter initialization problem, component com.sap.aii.af.mp.soap must be set to DEBUG. For runtime problem, additionally component com.sap.aii.messaging must be set to DEBUG.

I have only found how to configure it using visual administrator, and in in NWA Troubleshooting -> Logs and Trace -> Log configuration, I can't find where I can set DEBUG modus for the components.

I would appreciate that if someone can give some documentations about how to enable SOAP receiver adapter debug function in PI 7.31 AEX.

best regards

Dingjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dingjun,

SAP have a new tracing tool, which you can use to collect Debug level traces. This tool is much easier to use than the old method as described by

See note 1514898 XPI Inspector for troubleshooting XI. You need to deploy the ear file to be able to start using the tool.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply.

Will it be overloaded, if we just want to collect Debug level traces with SOAP adapter?
Is the tool XPI Inspector the recommended way by SAP?

Regards

Dingjun

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dingjun,

Yes, this tool is recommended by SAP. It offers much greater stop/start controls when capturing the trace. It is a much quicker way to collect the traces.

However, you should not leave it on Debug indefinitely. Only for the duration of time it takes to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. We will adopt your suggestion and use XPI inespector tool.

Regards

Dingjun

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinjun,

I dont know if a PI with single stack has that confinguration in other place, in SAP PI 7.31 dual stack:

Open the NWA:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Iñaki.

I think, the path to find log configuration mentioned by you Configuration ->Infrastructure ->Log Configuration is different from where I went to Troubleshooting -> Logs and Traces -> Log Configuration, but it's the same page. Under Trace Location I  still can't find in the tree:

com.sap.aii.af.mp.soap

com.sap.aii.messaging

Maybe they have new names in 7.31?