cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone billing - WBS a/c assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I have configured milestone billing feature of PS-SD integration and 2 Milestones are created under WBS G-0001-001 with for example

Usage     Desc                         BscFixeddate     POC     Invoice%     Actual Date

PS01      Partial Billing 30%       11.06.2013           20          30               -

PS02      Final Billing 70%          15.06.2013           80          70               -

Now when I create SO for order type ZBP (Custom for Milestone billing) with line item 10 and Item Category ZTAO (Milestone-Bill.Plan) "configured as billing reference I (Order relevant billing-billing plan ) and Billing plan type 01 (Milestone billing)" ; a billing plan tab is activated. Now i click a/c assignment tab and enter WBS and click on billing plan tab, system ask me to copy milestones from WBS with all relevant details. After copy milestones successfully I can't see WBS anywhere in the line item or any other place in SO, it just disappear. (If I follow the same procedure using standard SO, system shows WBS under a/c assignment field in SO line item)

Due to this, when I create customer invoice VF01, my invoice is posted but when I see accounting entry, there is no WBS in the WBS field of accounting document as well as in the revenue report, I cannot see revenue posted on WBS.

Please suggest if I am missing something.

Message was edited by: Mohamed Rafi - dont use words like urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish

Can your please check & updated here, in procurement tab of your sales order overview, what requirement type is getting determined.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Under procurement tab of your sales order overview, it is updated as KE (Individual Cust order w/o consumption).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

As pointed by you, I have changed the requirement type as blank and now issue is resolved and it is working fine with milestone billing type. Thanks a lot for the direction.

Points awarded.

Ashish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it's a strange behaviour as you said, can you new create a sales document types by coying the standard SO document type and check. i guess you are using same material in standard SO as well as in ZBP.

reagrds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAG,

Thanks for quick reply.

In The standard SO, I am able to see the WBS a/c assignment field so no issue but if I use standard, I can't create billing plan which is my requirement. To activate billing plan in SO, I have to use milestone billing where I can't see the a/c assignment field after assignment.

Thanks

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I faced the same thing in one of my implementation experience.It was working fine with line SO line items where plant is blank.If in any material master the delivering plant is maintained then in the SO line item level you will not found the WBS element in the Account Assignment tab.

I do not know the importance of plant in your case but there is a permanent solution whether you maintain plant or not.

The only thing you have to do is to maintain the MRP views of the material master where the "Strategy group" should be 21 - Make-to-order prod./ project settlement in the MRP 3 view of material master.

Hope this will resolve your issue as it does with me.

If you have any issue do let me know.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the explanation and your reply. We are not using MRP here in this implementation. What is the significance of Strategy group 21 in SO? I am sorry as I am not aware of the details and this is 1st time I am facing this issue.

Regards

Ashish

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

If you are willing to change the Requirement Type at each transaction then its ok.Otherwise you have to change the settings so that for the particular item category no Requirement Type will be fetched by the system in Sales order.

To maintain this settings you can follow the IMG menu Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements>Transfer of Requirements>Determination of Requirement Types Using Transaction.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I had changed the settings in IMG only. Thanks for the helpful explanation.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are most Welcome, Ashish.