cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy with diff hostname and ip address for source and target systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

first time am doing system copy of my PI 7.3 system to same os and db in my frend system,my frend system hostname and Ip address is different and when i install the target system in frend system i given different SID .It went successfully and system is up and running but the problem is all business systes contains old hostname,ip and old sid.even when i check RWB it shwing no components .

Please suggest.

That when doing system copy is it necessary to have same hostname,ip,sid.

Thanks

Mahipal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahipal,

As your system is a dual stack system, it would be a good idea to retain the hostname. So that manual adjusts on the java area are not required. Also changes to connected system shall be very minimal.

There is no hard and fast rule whether to change the hostname or retain it. Based on the complexity of the changes required to performed post migration, it is always good to have the same hostname.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Thanks for the suggestion,could please tell  about SID it would be diff.

Mahipal

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahipal,

The solution should go this way. Incase you plan to retain the hostname, you retain the SID as well as instance number as well. This will totally minimize changes required within the system as well as connecting systems. Only change which I could think of is modification of /etc/hosts files .

Incase you plan to change the hostname, SID can be retained or changed . As there is a good amount of changes required for adjusting the hostname you may also consider changing the SID during that time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahipal,

Could you please explain this in more details,

And for renaming the SID please check

sap note 11692

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for the response.

What information you exactly required.

Thanks

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide

How you perform the system copy

host name  of target server .

Now what error you are gettting.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using SAPInst,System is p and running i dot have problem with system but the data pointing to old hostname and SID.when i see in SLD technical systems old technical system are perfectly visible but the problem is here hstname and sid has been changed so those technical system are useless.

Thanks

mahipal