cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD change log housekeeping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm looking for some general recommendation about SLD Changelog housekeeping.

I know HOW to delete data in change log (in SLD GUI in administration/changes/administer changelog, or using cleanup task), but I would like to find out how long history of change log do I need. I know that nobody can answer this for me, but maybe you could point me to some documentation or nice description of data actually stored in change log so I could decide by myself:-)

Thanks in advance for any comment

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It would seem like the "Administer Change Log" tab would update the Content Changes, but I was trying to line up the items that would be deleted for a particular day on the Administer tab with a search on the Content Changes tab, and I was unable to make the number of entries line up.

The only thing I've really found is at this link.  I would simply recommend backing up your SLD before you make any changes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/c11b652fb00783e10000000a42189d/content.htm?frameset=...

"Caution

Do not delete entries still needed for incremental exports.If incremental export data are affected by your deletion, follow the system warnings."

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made some more research and this seems to be the only reasonable thing I have found:

Do not delete from changelog any data needed for incremental export.

If I delete everything older than a week, it should be just fine.

Thanks

Answers (0)