cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget hitting at the time of Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team,

System is throwing an error message, that is budget exeeding for WBS XXXXXXXXXXXX.  Please find the below as a example where we are getting an error message

While i am going to book invoice Rs.800/- system is throwing an error messae i.e., budge exceeds 600 (800-200 ).  In this case there is no GRN happend it is a direct invoice booking.

What could be reason ? Is it right Act by the system.

Reards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 1000 already 800 has PO commitment, so available budget is 200 only. while invoice, system
checks the invoice value 800 with available budget i.e. 200, so  difference of 600 and it'll shows the error.

i would suggest you to exclude PO-02 from tolerance group, then system checks budget availability on remaining list in the tolerance group.
suppose if you exclude IR-04 from tolerance group then actual cost will get posted more than your budgeted value and no use of budget.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nag A C,

I could not get your point.  I canot excllude the PO since my entire logic of budget ll be useless.

I got the root cause of this problem.  User are trying to post the document direct from FI.  They are not using MIRO (PO reference invoice) that is the reason system is checking the availabe balanace.  If you are giving the PO Referencae at the time of MIRO then system will not check the budget.

Regards

Raj

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, good you found the root cause :-). still do you want budget check against the direct FI posting.

regards,

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the budget tolerance group against which action plan means as follow :

++All activity groups
00Purchase requisition
01Purchase order
02Orders for project
03Goods issue
04Financial accounting document
05CO document
06Budgeting
07Funds reservation
08Fixed prices in project
09Payroll

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

You should check if you are doing the invoice against the PO you have created and for the same quantity.

As fas as I know in the standar model if you have a PO and then you create the Invoice or the GR for the same amount the system does't check budget availability control.

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Clara,

Thats why i have a doubt.  Here the system is checking the Invoice Amount.  Here the Qt & Amount is also same as PO at the time of invoice.

I belive is that, it ll check the  availabel balance if you enter amount at the time of invoice. 

Now i am facing an error message at production environment.  i need to check testing client.

Regards