cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeder class enhancement for Incident creation(EHHS 3.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
I need to add extra fields in incident creation/change and store in custom table for incident.

I identified following steps.

1) Create web dynpro component with assistance class so data selected by user can be accessed in feeder class.
2) Enhance component configuration EHHSS_INC_REC_GAF_V3 and Add newly created web dynpro component as UIBB (free style component).
3) Enhance method PROCESS_EVENT of feeder class CL_EHFND_FBI_GUIBB_FORM(post exit) and store data entered in custom web dynpro in custom table by reading incident key and using it for storing custom data for incident.

I want to know if above approach is good.

Thanks in advance.

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh Telkikar,

The above method which you have suggested needs an enhancement in feeder class CL_EHFND_FBI_GUIBB_FORM.

Instead of enhancing the above class I would like to suggest a other work around.

Considering your Web Dynpro component is a custom development, implement the interface IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK in your component.

By implementing the above interface,some methods will be inherited in your component controllers methods tab, of which one method will be PROCESS_EVENT.

In this particular method you can retrieve the data you want and on the event of save, you can save the data in the custom table.

Hope this helps and reduces your efforts.

Regards,
Sanket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

My webdynpro component has IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK in my component.

I have tried to put code in PROCESS_EVENT this but in certain scenario I do not get control in my proces_event. I need to save on save button from edit incident,edit near miss,send button and save draft from report incident and send from report near miss. I think there is IDR override somewhere.

I will try this again.

Thanks

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

I tried again and it worked. There is some IDR override in Near Miss which was not showing my validation message so I added pre exit to do validation but I could save data in my PROCESS_EVENT itself.

Thanks

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

Would like to know whether your WD component is visible or not. By visible I meant is currently active on the screen. If its not active on the screen then you will not be able to get control in your WD components PROCESS_EVENT.
The WD component has to be active on the screen to get control in  PROCESS_EVENT, then for each and every FPM event it will trigger your  PROCESS_EVENT.

Hope this helps you. 

Regards
Sanket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh, Sanket.

I have similar requeriments, I'm creating a freestyle UIBB component to add some fields and logic to the incident.

I want to know how you had implemented the method Process Event to retrieve the Incident Data.

I don`t know how to retrieve model data, to read the incident key.

Regards.

Abraham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Sanket.

I have similar requeriments, I'm creating a freestyle UIBB component to add some fields and logic to the incident report screen.

I want to know how you had implemented the method Process Event to retrieve the Incident Data.

I don`t know how to retrieve  BOPF model data for the object EHHSS_INCIDENT, to read the incident key, or data.

I´m also looking for sample to implement the class   /BOFU/CL_FREESTYLE_BOPF_HELPER.

Regards.

Abraham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhraham,

Sorry for late reply.

If you want to retrieve the incident data, try to retrieve the incident key which would be available to you using service managers of BOPF.

If Risk assessment is also available in your system look for WDA component  EHHSSWDC_RAS_OIF_RMATRIX. This is a standard wda component will help you in retrieving the data and writing the logic according to BOPF.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Sanket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sanket, I´m working on it!!!

former_member583823
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

Did you get the class name, when Incident is save??

Even I have the same requirement..

Pls let me know the class name if u have found it ..

Regards,

Reny Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard, I used some of the standard components deployed on my development system as basis for mi implementation.

Specifically EHHSSWDC_INC_GAF_ASSET_V3.

Pay attention to method RETRIEVE_ASSETS_DATA inside this component, to read data of the nodes.

Another example for updating nodes inside, is inside method UPDATE_DAMAGES of the same component.

The incident is saving in the FLUSH method of the IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK interface implemented inside this component.

See the images.

Regards,

Abraham