Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC driver jar files MySQL DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am following the below How-To guide to install JDBC drivers:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

We are on XI 3.0 SP 14 and trying to connect to MySQL DB server. As mentioned in the above How-To guide we need following drivers to deploy in J2EE engine:

Microsoft SQL Server:

msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar

Important: Rather than relying on the list above, or if you want to connect to a DBMS or messaging system from a different vendor, contact your vendor for more information about the required drivers.

1) Do we require any other driver jar files other than above 3??

2) Does drivers depend on the version of MySQL we conneting or SP of XI???

3) Where do I get the above driver jar files?? (Where from vendor MySQL??) I mean does SQL admin would be able to provide them??

Thanx

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to download it from MSDN....Or your SQL admin also should be able to give you the same...

For the MS Sql server, the three files that you have mentioned are the required ones....

The version of these driver files might be relevant in terms of some functionality on the DB side(not XI side)..there might be patches available for the driver files to fix some errors or some thing like that,....

So it is advisable to download and install the latest driver files for the veriosn of the database that you are going to connect to...

Thanks,

Renjith

Message was edited by:

Renjith Andrews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreeram and Renjith. Awarded points and closing the thread.

Thanx

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Do we require any other driver jar files other than above 3??

not required

2) Does drivers depend on the version of MySQL we conneting or SP of XI???

no

3) Where do I get the above driver jar files?? (Where from vendor MySQL??) I mean does SQL admin would be able to provide them??

you will those MYSQL service market place

Thanx