cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email receiver scenario with attachment AND body content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a scenario where I am sending the result of a mapping as an attachment. With ASMA/DynamicConfiguration I am setting the subject and email addresses. This part works fine.

Looking at the API I see nothing for the body/content of the email. Is it possible to include some standard human readable content here?

I see an example using Java Mapping, but is there a standard way with only GUI mapping?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aaron,

You can download the mail xsd and manipulate the contents from there. See the blog below and notice the content field filled out:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement...

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark, from what I understand the Mail Package is being deprecated and the new method using Dynamic Configuration should be used for new developments?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aaron,

Unfortunately, I can't comment on that. I'm still using 7.11

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mark, I'm on 7.11 also, but SAP Note 856599 from 2010 says that ASMA should be favored.

" The mail package is a deprecated feature that is supported for the existing scenarios and the asma attribtues should be used for new scenarios"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I'll use it anyways 🙂

This blog outlines how to do it all with Mail Package:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/13/renaming-email-attachment-with-in...

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aaron,

That SAP note was released on 2010. I hope they update the API for email content since we have to use the XSD to fill it out.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, content field does not come under Mail headers, So you dont see in the advanced tab section of the receiver mail adapter link.  You can create UDF to return string (that returns text) or constant (filled with content text) and map it to the content section of your receiver mail structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar, this is what I am asking.

How do we send to the content section, because right now the content of my mapping is all going into the attachment.

We require both static email body content and dynamic content in the attachment.