cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 is working in foreground not in background..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am using SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 to send mail to outlook express.

I have callec this standard into custom function module.. When i execute my custom function module.. I can see a entry in scot and execute by manual then this is working fine.. The same way i when i execute by background this is not working fine..

What do i need to do.. Is there any configuration is requirted..

Thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SAP version are you using ?

<u>Either the function module is not called correctly or there can be Couple of things to check out -></u>

<b>1) Is the custom function module is called in the follwoing manner, when called in Background ?

CALL FUNCTION ZCUSTOM_FUNCTION_MODULE' IN BACKGROUND TASK

EXPORTING

---

---

-

2) Is the Custom Function module in your case is remote-enabled module with Update as Start Immediately ?

3) Is there a COMMIT WORK after the function mdoule or have u passed the COMMIT_WORK = 'X' to the function call?

4) You can also check the status via <b>Transaction SOST</b> & see if there are any other errors.., if any.</b>

Let me know incase you need any other information.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Do check your parameters you have passed in function module. Try marking all the parameters as Pass Value.

There are no specific settings for SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 for foreground or background jobs.

For debugging u can try to replace ur FM with the SO_NEW_DOC... and run it in background. You would find the error.

Hope this helps.

BR

Rakesh