Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP CVC's and 2 Different Cubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a following question:

For demand planning process we are using 2 cubes: 1. History Data 2. Prices Data

First cube has following chars: Material, Plant, Customer, Warehouse.

Second cube has only Material and Plant as chars.

MPOS in DP includes full set of chars from first cube. CVC's are generated also based on first cube.

All Data from History Cube is visible in Demand Planning and absolutely correct.

Problem is that data from Prices cube is not available.

So for instance for first cube I have following cvc: mat1, 2000, cust1, warehouse1 - and all data is ok.

For second cube I have a combination like a subset of first one - mat1, 2000 and those data is not visible in DP even when I select exact combination in Interactive planning (mat1, 2000)

What is the problem? Should we have an equal set of chars in booth cubes? Or..??

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions!

Thanks, Andrey.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Thanks a lot for set of useful recommendations.

Problem is resolved now.

Problem was in disaggregation type N for Prices KF's.

So now this problem is resolved.

Thanks once again for your input!

Thanks, Andrey.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your message I can vaguely assume that you are creating CVCs from both cubes before running TSCUBE. If so, then you should check the TSCUBE variant whether you have mapped the key figures and characteristics properly in the variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andray,

Please proceed as follows:

1. Load data in Price cube
  2. Load data in History cube & create CVC
  3. Perform transaction load data from infocube for history
  4. In transaction load data from infocube, for price, select charectiristics mapping
  5. Map Material and plant of Infocube with Material and plant for MPOS
  6. In grouping condition,choose only material and plant
  7. Now execute the transaction and price should be loaded in planning area.

Thanks & regards,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

It is not necessary to have equal sets of characteristic. The problem here seems to be when loading the data from cube to planning area. As said by Chan and Sam, you need to check in transaction /n/SAPAPO/TSCUBE whether the mapping is correct or not.

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what source you are populating the Price infocube. I am assuming you are using external data source (e.g. csv file/excel file) to load data into cube. Second step might be loading from infocube to DP planning area.

In both the steps verify you data fields are mapped correctly in the transformation rule. You will have history data planning area/infocube to compare with.

Thanks.