cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Target to multiple clients of ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible to have multiple clients of ECC as transport targets at the same time,  for example i have QA_ECC_200 and QA_ECC_500,  i can i have one at anytime;

but i have a requirement, that ECC team wants test some interfaces from QA_ECC_200  and some through QA_ECC_500, depending on the data availability in each client,

how do I switch back and forth in PI to get both clients working. they may want it simultaneously.

I see at a time I can have single client in PI, I can NOT switch back and forth easily; every time I have to import the objects from Dev to QA to take other client in place.

could you help me with this situation. any solution to this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

It is possible for outbound interface but means additional configuration in PI.

What is required:

• Both the clients should have business systems registered in SLD and connected to SLD.
  • Both the clients should be connected to PI and should have PI client as the integration server.
  • Now you need to add additional sender agreements, Interface determination, receiver determination and receiver agreement in your scenarios for each outbound interface.

For inbound scenarios, it becomes very tricky since for each message flowing from third party system, you would need to determine which target ECC system it is meant for. So you would need to change receiver determinations to make it work.

Off-course, the overhead of additional configuration objects comes with it as well.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prerna,

please close the thread if your question was answered so that it helps others.

thanks

Ambrish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to maintain 2 different configurations for two different clients, you can create objects manually in ID or tranport objects  to QA  but here you have to create Transport targets and groups in SLD dev server.

If your ECC is sender then you wont face any issues everything works . if they create any record in client 1 data will flow to target system  likewise for client 2.Only issues somes when sending data to ECC ,if you wanna send data to only one client then you have to write a condition in receiver determiantion.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

You can have both the Clients of the same ECC server acting simultaneously in your ID as 2 different Communication Components. This should not be any problem. As mentioned by Ambrish, you need to check whether SLD and Adapter Specific Identifiers has correct information for these 2 Components. Rest of the part is you need to change your Receiver Determination as per the Testing team requirement. These 2 Components needs to have independent required ID objects.

Regards,

Nabendu.