cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was wondering, can you and how you would go about changing the company field from a drop down to text in the Access Request screen > User
Details? I want to pull in Company using LDAP mapping then use this field to route particular requests if possible.

Thanks

Kyle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kyle,

You can maintain the "Company" in SPRO under GRC>AC>Role Management>Define Companies.

If you are using LDAP to drag the information through, you can link up the GRC system to look up the Company field in LDAP and auto-populate the value for the user selected in the Access Request Form, but always ensure the entry exists within the GRC "Define Companies" configuration table (as BRM also utilises Company as an assignable attribute).

Refer to Note 1584110 - GRC Access Controls 10 - How to configure LDAP connectors. It contains a document on configuring LDAP to GRC AC 10.0.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SanKirtan,

I've configured everything you've mentioned above but had one thing I haven't tested yet. Will it make a difference if the company field is a drop down if I do the LDAP mapping to it? I know if 5.3 it had to be text for the mapping to populate correctly. I plan to test today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point, I recall leaving it as a text field in case a company that was not configured in  the "Define Companies" list was bought back via LDAP.

If you are still playing around in a test system, try replicating the scenario with a drop down and a text field option and see what happens. I know sometimes the GRC system behaves differently depending on which Support Pack you are on.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea where you change that field type from drop down to text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change field from drop down to text by going to se11

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you wish, within the EUP form settings, you probably can set it to "non-editable" and all the possible values would be selectable based upon the Companies defined within SPRO.

I have just realised Asheesh has also replied in detail to this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle

I really don't think for your situation you need to make company field as text .

From EUP customization make company field as non editable and connect to your ldap for pulling this information .

You can only pull the company information only once you have created ldap connector as per the note mentioned in post and have done proper mapping of ldap company field to GRC company field .

Hope this helps !

Regards

Ashish