cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Approval for Scraping material in QA32?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is, in QA32 transaction, after UD for the inspection lot, if user place the stock in SCRAP then system should not allow him until an approval get from authorized person/user.

In QA32 transaction, after UD if user book scrap quantity against the lot quantity which is to be cleared then system should not allow user to save the transaction until approval from authorized user.

Please guide me, How to do it?

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If anybody done such enhancement then please guide.

Thanks,

Naresh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've rarely seen people use the scrap posting in the UD stock posting screen.  Many places actually remove it from the UD stock posting screen.

Usually they have them post the material to blocked stock.  Than create a quality notification from the inspection lot.  Many places create a special notification type just for the scrapping process as this usually involves at least one approval, maybe more if high values items, pharmaceuticals or hazardous materials are involved.    The notification can than track all the steps to arrange for the actual destruction of the material, sometimes involving a special vendor to handle the material.

You can config your notification so that when its created from the inspection lot, you can convert it from whatever your standard notification type is, to your scrapping notification type. 

Once the notification type is created, you can use all the features available to notifications such as task assignments, response times, and workflow to track and process the scrapping.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks FF.

Can you please give little bit simple solution exact to apply on existing process?

Like how to enhance so that immediately work out on it?

Thanks,

Naresh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm. not really.

If your scrapping is typically for the entire lot, you could do similar to what was suggested.  The tech uses a special UD code that indicates scrapping is required.  That code would have no stock posting behind it. That uses the followup action to send someone an email that scrapping is required.

The emailed person than goes in (QA12) and selects a different UD code that posts the material to scrap. 

This would work pretty good if the entire lot quantity needs to be scrapped.  If only a portion of the material has to be scrapped, you could have the tech make a comment in the UD long text which would be checked by the person emailed.  Then they would be responsible to get the right amounts on the right lines in the stock posting screen.

I wouldn't worry about hiding the scrapping stock posting line to much.  I'm not sure you'll have a lot of success with that.  You'd probably have to do the screen mods based on the user, I don't think you'll be able to influence it by UD code.  (but as they say, anything can be done).  Better to establish business guidelines for it and threaten folks with remedial training or sensitivity training if they post material to scrap and are not allowed to.

FF

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not done this,but i give basic idea, Creat selected set with code Scrap with followup action(RQEVA-VFOLGEAKTI(Table-field)),With ABAPER help  in followup action program write logic for to send mail for approval means while To scrap(RQEVA-VMENGE02) field hide/display after get the approval To Scrap field change to input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If I have created selected set with code scrap, it means that while doing UD, I have to select UD code scrap but what if my UD code is Accepted and out of 10 inspected qty. I have put 5 in accepted 3 in scrap and 2 in blocked stock.

Is your logic will work in such case?

Thanks,

Naresh

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case u can creat new UD code specifiy that Accept with scarp in discription and write same logic with to send mail for approval/intimation to post the Scrap stock(as FF suggested the emailed person having a authorisation than goes in (QA12) that posts the material to scrap) means while To scrap(RQEVA-VMENGE02) field hide/display after get the approval To Scrap field change to input  in followup action program.

So the enduser(Remove authorisation for QA12) can take the UD and can post the Accepted stock only at that time Scap location have to show hide/display and system will send the mail to respective person while save the transaction.