cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB02 in ECC60 on V5R4 takes a lot of time to open!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We recently installed an ECC60 system(SR2) on V5R4M0. The installation went pretty well. We installed a double stack system with both ABAP+JAVA.

After the install, did the post install including creation of my new clients and SGEN. Scheduled all the house keeping jobs and they are running fine.

Now when we go to run DB02 to run it, it takes alomost like 80-90 seconds to run it. We thought, this will be the first time only, but that's not the case...Everytime I run it, it takes 80-85 seconds to run it.

All other transactions which we use, open in less than half a second.

This machine is 15 GB, 2.5 CPU, p570 machine. I have set up a dedicated shared pool of 7000 MB for this system out of that 15 GB and am running this system out of this 7GB memory pool. The Machine pool is also set as per that formula given in one of the SAP notes, 428855.

When I run DB02, there are almost no Non-DB faults most of the time, with an occasional fault of 150-200 sometimes in the shared pool, but that too goes away within a second...so its pretty much no fault at all the times. No swaps in ST02 as well or overflows.

I ran the ST05 trace but nothing of significance., except for at places in the trace it shows 45 seconds for executing/fetch from the table DB4INDEX_STAT.

What are we missing? Or is it like this only in ECC60?

We have other SAP systems on this LPAR as well and they run DB02, within like 5-6 seconds...

So what's so special with ECC60?? We are there on the latest PTF's...

Any suggestions...

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

first of all, I would like to mention, that all you did seems to be very useful ))

That it takes pretty long, is normal and I have seen this at several customers. Now, you should see how often you use DB02, I didn't see any problem there. In oposite to 4.6c we have about trippeled the objects, so at least it has to process far more data. But, if it increased from 5 to 90s this is not the only explanation ...

I didn't analyze this SQL by now, but if you feel to need a solution you could do this yourself or open an OSS ticket on this behaviour ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks a lot for the response. I would have opened an OSS message, but wanted to take this and post on the Forum first, so that if someone has come across this situation, we may benefit from it. I guess, I will open up an OSS message in the meantime as well, while I try to analyze the SQL trace.

I agree, that the number of objects as compared to 4.6C has almost tripled to quadrapled..but that does not explain such a significant increase in the times...

Coming to the use of DB02, we use maybe once a day. So its not a very high priority for us, but would still like it to be resolved...

All I wanted to hear was, that it is not unusual for DB02 to take some extra time, particulalry in this new release.

Thanks a lot for your help...

Abhi

Answers (0)