cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 BRM Workflow configuration doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we must configure workflow approval for BRM module, and we would like to know if we could insert a new step in process that role owner accepts or rejects  a new request. This new step would be inform to role owner if transaction possible to insert a new or existing role generates SoD conflicts and depending of this analysis make the possibility to accept or reject request by role owner.

Thank you so much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Cristina

Do you mean you want to see the Approval Methodology Step appear twice (e.g. you have the first step to ask if you should proceed with change and then a later step to request approval for change to migrated to production) or that on approval you want the request to have two steps in the approval?

If you want the Approval Methodology Step twice - different stages in Role part - you would have to look at an Initiator Rule to route different path (not sure if the GRACROLE table might have an attribute or something you can use to determine this). However, if both approvers are the same person/group then you can just repeat the methodology step in your configuration.

If you want on Approval Methodology Step and the approval process to go to two approvers then you would need to add an additional stage to the default approval path in MSMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From my understanding, what you need to do is add 2 "Approval" steps within your role build methodology.

The 1st Approval step is for the owner to approve the addition of a action/Transaction code to the role and check if it is causing any new risk violations (you may wish to have the Risk Analysis step as one prior to the approval step).

The Approval step is the step that actually activates the MSMP process for Role Approval. Within this Process, you can create as many stages and paths for approval, just like you would for Access Request.

The 2nd is to approve the actual role, from what I understand from your scenario.

Forgive me if I have misunderstood your original requirement. Hope that makes some sense.