cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect diagnostics agent into the solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing the system preparation in solman_setup. in step 6.3  "Connect diagnostics agent into the solution manager". But I can't see any agents in the step  though the DAA is installed during solman installation itself in the same system.

I was expecting at least one smd agent i.e for solman in the phase. I have attached the screen shot for your reference. Kindly let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks in advance

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Folks,

Also I have tried with

smdsetup sldconf

smdsetup managingconf hostname

But still no luck,

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems I was wrong some where. Checked KBA 1829601 and now everything is fine.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't recall how new the Diag agent that comes with the SolMan install is, you may want to download the newest version 7.20 SP03 and try installing it on another system (non-Production) and see if you can have a second system register in the SLD. 

Also you could navigate to the work centers 'Solution Manager Administration' > 'Landscape' this will show all your systems populating the LMDB; if your landscape sync is working properly you can verify the Diag agent(s) bound to your solution manager.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

The diagnostic agents will only be seen here if they are registered with SLD. Please make sure the diagnostic agent is registered with SLD. In order to register the diagnostic agent you need to run smdsetup.sh script.

For your reference you can navigate to the following link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already check those instructions but still its not working.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the below link to connect the diagnostic agent to solman.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents#DiagnosticsAgents-DirectSolutionMana...

I hope you'll be able to see the agent in your solman_setup screen.

Regards

Shanthosh