cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for multiple users in one role controlling different authorization objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I do not know whether I can post this thread in this forum or not, I did find any form for basis.

Could you please suggest me on my below requirement.

Two user ids ex: U1 and U2, will have one common role ex: R1 and will have one common t.code like MIGO

But their storage locations would be different like S1 and S2.

Is it possible to restrict the users storage location wise using the role R1?

Thanks&Regards

A.Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you can't restrict same user and role for different storage locations. There must be some differntiating point like authorization role or user. You can copy the existing role and make a new one or create a new role in which you just enter that particular object for which you want to restrict.

In your case how system will know that for which user it should give error when both users have same role and objects and Tcodes?

Hope you understand.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply, actually I am expecting to control the storage locations at user level (User ID).

Is it possible or is there any other way but role must be same.

Regards

A.Anil

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Through standard authorization I dov't think so this is possible. If you are looking for some other way around then it can be in ABAP. Some exit etc. In standard You can do this with two roles. Add all common Tcodes and objects in one role and those objects for which you want to restrict in second role.

Thank$

Answers (0)